Wednesday 29 June 2016

June Favourites


Time for another round up of my monthly favourites. I've stuck with beauty this month as there's been some real gems that I have loved using throughout June. 

June Beauty Favourites - Life in Excess Blog

June Beauty Favourites - Life in Excess Blog

First up is the Make Up For Ever Translucent HD Pressed Powder. I briefly mentioned this in my Top Tips To Make Your Makeup Last All Day post, and it's safe to say it's nestled itself firmly into my everyday make up routine. It's so lightweight and natural-looking on the skin whilst effectively mattifying and avoiding giving cake face. So finely milled it's liking brushing air onto your chops. 

Next up and probably the product I've obsessed over most this month is the BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector (Pressed) in Opal. You can read my full review and see swatches here, but what I will say is that this is absolutely beautiful on the skin. The powder formula feels almost creamy to the touch and blends out with buttery softness - any blogger cliche that indicates true love, applies heavily to this product. 

One NYX product I find myself constantly going back to is the Lipliner Pencil in 809 Mahogany. It's a dark brown, nude shade with a plum undertone. It's the perfect lip contouring shade for a deeper nude lip and I love using this all over the outer portions of my lips, with a layer of a lighter nude lipstick on top. The NYX lipliner formula is great for the price point. You can see swatches in my review post here

I've ditched the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer this month and I've been loving this combo instead; Sephora Smoothing & Brightening Concealer in 03 Clair Light with Bourjois Radiance Reveal Concealer in 01 Ivory. I've been finding Lasting Perfection to crease a lot lately. I don't know if I'm sprouting new under-eye wrinkles or my skin has been craving something lighter but I feel like this combination is really working for me just now. If my dark circles are particularly bad, I go in with the Sephora concealer first. It's a light, salmon shade which works well to neutralise any blue undertones. I then go over the top with a light layer of the Bourjois concealer which is more in line with my natural skin tone, albeit a couple of shades lighter. I use a Beauty Blender to pat it all in and I find that the effect is natural-looking, crease-free under eyes. Hooray! What I will say about the Bourjois concealer is that it isn't the most 'concealing' hence why I like to use something underneath but it's perfect if you like to use a light concealer to highlight with.

Finally, I had to mention the Morphe M439 Deluxe Buffer Brush from my latest Morphe Brushes haul. I bought it to replace my Sigma F80 Kabuki brush and I've found that I love using it so much more. The domed bristles as opposed to the flat ones of the Sigma brush, really help to get into the contours of the face and buff in my foundation seamlessly. I'm really impressed with Morphe in general but this brush is a standout for me. 

What have you been loving throughout June - beauty wise or elsewhere? Have you tried any of the products I mention in this post? Let me know your thoughts in the comment section below. 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig