Wednesday 16 September 2015

Big News!

A little over three years ago, I was scrambling off a plane in Qatar, nervous as hell over the fact that I'd packed up my old life, kissed goodbye to my family and friends, and made a life-changing move across continents; to the Middle East. I almost, almost chickened out, but I'm so glad that I didn't. 

In a few short weeks, I met my, now husband, Scott, and together we made some incredible memories. thirteen months later, with a pounding head from celebrating our engagement the night before, Scott had an interview with a construction company about a job prospect in Finland. Before we knew it, an offer had been made and we found ourselves packing up our apartment, and trading in our flip flops for snow boots. 

We went from sitting on the beach sipping cocktails to eating pizza on the couch watching Netflix. Our lives veered off in a completely new direction and it was extremely tough to adjust to a slower pace of life. I will never say that I regret moving to Finland. It has been a wonderfully eye-opening experience for Scott and I. We learnt how to truly be together when life became incredibly mundane. Rather than cause a rift between us, moving to Finland brought us so much closer together, and for that reason it will always hold a special place in my heart. 

However, our time in Finland is drawing to a close and we once again must set off to create new memories and embark on a whole, new adventure together. The last nine months of our lives have been leading up to this moment. Many thousands of emails, late nights and anxious conversations are behind us and now that we FINALLY have a contract signed, sealed and delivered, I am absolutely over the moon to be telling you guys that at the start of October, Scott, Ralph, Hamish and I will be boarding a one-way plane bound for Abu Dhabi! 

I feel like Scott and I have come almost full-circle. That we started out on this amazing journey together which has brought us back so close to where it all began. We holidayed in Abu Dhabi shortly after we got engaged and it was honestly one of the most memorable trips I have ever taken. To be able to have the opportunity to move to such a beautiful city makes me feel enormously privileged and I cannot wait to share all of my experiences with you. 

Thank you so much to everyone who just by being here, helped me through some dark winters in Finland. I couldn't have done it without you guys keeping me smiling.

I'm now going to leave so I can jump up and down on my bed and scream like 10 year old girl, high on candyfloss.  AHHHHH!!!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig