Friday 25 September 2015

Smashbox Primer Water - Is It Love?

Primers and I have a tricky relationship. I absolutely swear by using a primer to prolong make up wear, plus I find that with a good primer, make up lies much better and looks more natural.

However...

Finding the perfect primer hasn't been easy for me. For some reason my skin seems to hate them! (She's clearly a diva!) I was using MAC's Prep & Prime for the longest time as it was the only primer I could realistically get away with that didn't break my skin out into a whole, pimpled mess. Don't even get me started on Benefit's Porefessional - my skin and that primer can't even be in the same room together without shit going down!

The problem I have with MAC's Prep & Prime, (not a problem per say as I do still like their primer) is that it really does nothing for my drier skin. I hover around the dry to normal skin type and if I don't make it my mission to inject moisture into my make up routine, you can guarantee that I end up a hot, flakey mess before the day is through. Not good. 

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water

The Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water is a silicone, alcohol and oil free spray that can be used as a primer for make up, a setting spray or as a little pick-me-up for your face throughout the day. I do love a multi-tasker. 

If you're looking for hydration, Smashbox have you covered. Spritzing this on your face before applying foundation helps to lock in moisture and gives that much coveted, dewy appearance to the skin. I absolutely love it. It feels fresh and really helps my make up to look flawless. I especially loved using the primer water on holiday when I didn't want to be caking my face in heavy products but still wanted my make up to remain on my face, and not slide around my ankles before I'd managed to say Woo Woo. 

In terms of a setting spray, I can't comment as I am in a committed relationship with my Urban Decay Chill Make Up Setting Spray - our love runs deep, but I have used this occasionally to dampen my brushes when applying eye shadow or to my beauty blender to give an extra dose of hydration when setting my under-eye concealer. 

If you're in the market for a hydrating, light-weight primer, I would absolutely recommend Smashbox's Photo Finish Primer Water. I lusted after this for so long and I'm glad I finally bit the bullet. Dare I say Holy Grail? High-five Smashbox!

Have you tried the Photo Finish Primer Water - If so, what are your thoughts?

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig