Monday 15 February 2016

Spring Ready: Pink Glossy Lip Products From YSL

Okay, it's still February and technically speaking, we're still around a month away from Spring, but if you're anything like me, it's likely that you're already well on your way with planning your Spring makeup-drobe!

Anyone else going to be hammering all the pinks and peaches?

Because I'm clearly one for planning ahead.. aherm.. I picked up a couple of pink, glossy lip products from YSL whilst I was back in the UK at Christmas - and with one of them already making my January Favourites list, you know they're going to be good 'ens! 

YSL Volupte Tint In Oil No5 Cherry My Cherie Swatches and Review, YSL Pop Water Glossy Stain 203 Eau De Corail Swatches and Review

If you're a blog stalker, you'll know that I have been absolutely obsessed with the YSL Volupte Tint-In-Oil in the shade No. 5 Cherry My Cherie. I have recommended this lip product to anyone and everyone that will listen and if you've been considering investing in a tinted lip oil, buy this and thank me later. 

It's a nourishing lip oil that isn't greasy or heavy to wear. I'd describe it as a glossy lip for those that don't love a typical gloss - if you're not into that whole sticky lip vibe, you'll probably like this.

The oil dries into the lips after an hour or so and what you're left with is a pink lip tint. It doesn't dry patchy so you get an even wash of colour that lasts for a number of hours. I do tend to reapply this every couple of hours though to keep the gloss going strong. 

Need I even mention the packaging? The silver and the corresponding band of colour that matches the tint shade... sigh!

YSL Volupte Tint In Oil No5 Cherry My Cherie Swatches and Review
YSL Volupte Tint In Oil No5 Cherry My Cherie Swatches and Review

Next up is the YSL Pop Water Glossy Stain in 203 Eau De Corail. I bought blind with this. I hadn't read any reviews or even swatched these in any stores before placing my order online. The shade I went for is a muted coral pink. 

I'll be straight, these are weird to apply. The applicator wand is really short, with the tip being an overly large doe foot style. The formula is very thin - as the Pop Water Stain name would suggest, and these border on watery when you first go in. 

The gloss is pretty slippy and you need two or three generous layers to build up a good amount of colour but after a few minutes, these dry down to a much creamier consistency and I'd say that they're worth the hassle. 

You wouldn't typically buy this kind of product if you were hoping for long-lasting coverage and it doesn't deliver such, but it's a really nice product for every day wear or if you're going for a more natural make up look. 

The Glossy Stain isn't a holy grail product for me, nor would I rush out and buy more shades to add to my collection but if you're in the market for an understated creamy lip stain, these might be one to try. 

YSL Pop Water Glossy Stain 203 Eau De Corail Swatches and Review
YSL Pop Water Glossy Stain 203 Eau De Corail Swatches and Review


What are your thoughts on these lip products from YSL? Will you be introducing more creamy lipsticks and glosses into your Spring make up routine and do you have any pink lip faves that you'd recommend?

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig