Monday 22 February 2016

I Blush Can't Get Enough!

Have we done cringing over that title? Okay, let's move on...

I've mentioned in 1749506063 million blog posts that I've been a little bit obsessed with blusher lately. I'm going through a phase - one that ranges from feminine flush to full blown, slapped cheek; depending what mood I'm currently in... and I'm entirely okay with it.

The newest additions to my blusher arsenal come in the form of Makeup Geek and Sephora. 

Sephora Blush swatches and Review, Makeup Geek Blush swatches and review

I received Makeup Geek Spell Bound for Christmas and I've been dusting it on my face ever since. It's a matte, soft pink. Cool in tone and very natural on the skin. The powder formulation isn't the creamiest but I quite like that in a blush - unlike the NYX HD blusher, where you have to pat off a lot of the excess before you'd want to go anywhere near your face - you can really build this blush up without wasting product or running the risk of overdoing it. 

I'd be really intrigued to try more from the Makeup Geek blusher range. For a relatively inexpensive product, I think these work really well. 

From Sephora, I picked up two of the Long-Lasting Blushers. No.1 Shame On You! and No.5 Sweet On You! They come packaged in individual containers but the magnetic pans can easily be popped out to store in a Z Palette or something similar. 

Shame On You is the first shade that I bought. It's a slightly warmer rose pink. Matte in finish and again, really natural on the skin. Sweet On You is a much brighter coral pink and perfect for the Spring/Summer months. 

Again with both of the Sephora blushes, the formula is semi-sheer yet buildable. 

All that's left for me to do is leave you with the swatches. Let me know what your thoughts are in the comment section below. 

Makeup Geek Spell Bound Blush, Sephora Shame On You Blush, Sephora Sweet On You Blush

Left to Right: Makeup Geek Spell Bound, Sephora No.1 Shame On You, No.5 Sweet On You

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig