Friday 19 February 2016

Makeup Geek: The New Additions

It's safe to say, I'm a little bit obsessed with Makeup Geek. 

I know, I know... and so is everyone else right now but when a product is cheap is chips, works like a charm and comes in a whole, glorious range of colours - it'd be rude not to, right?

I featured my first Makeup Geek Haul on my blog, way back in November and from the moment I ripped open the packaging, I was already mentally planning my next order. 

Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Swatches and Review

I knew I needed to get my hands on a couple of the foiled shadows - and I opted for Charmed and Mesmerized. If for any reason you've been on the fence about Makeup Geek eye shadows or you're just a sucker for a shimmer - buy these! 

Yes, the foils are slightly more expensive than the standard shadows but for the incredible pigmentation and beautiful metallic finish, they're more than worth it!

Alongside the foils, I decided to pick up a few more of the standard shimmer shadows, opting for Roulette - a burnt copper; and Taupe Notch - a cooler-toned mid brown. 

Matte wise, I decided to add Desert Sands, Unexpected and Cupcake to my collection. Desert Sands is a great shadow to warm up a smokey eye - and is a little less in your face than Chickadee. Both Unexpected and Cupcake are soft, transitional shadows - not showstopping but nice to haves if you're lacking something similar in your shadow-drobe. 

Swatches anyone? 

Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Swatches and Review: Left to Right: Mesmerized, Charmed, Taupe Notch, Roulette, Desert Sands, Cupcake, Unexpected

Left to Right: Mesmerized, Charmed, Taupe Notch, Roulette, Desert Sands, Cupcake, Unexpected

What are your thoughts on these Makeup Geek eye shadows? Do you have any favourites from the collection or is there more you'd like to see from Makeup Geek? I'd love to see them expand their foiled shadow collection - although Starry-Eyed and Whimsical need to be mine soon!

Also, if you haven't already, make sure you check out my comparison review of Makeup Geek and Inglot eye shadows - Makeup Geek Vs Inglot.
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig