Wednesday 24 February 2016

Abu Dhabi Eats - Marco Pierre White Steakhouse & Grill

In January, I had a birthday. And whilst turning 28 didn't fill me with copious amounts of joy, I was a little lot excited to choose the spot for my annual birthday 'stuffing my face' meal.

My heart belongs to a good steak and so I asked that we try out the Marco Pierre White Steakhouse situated in the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr in Abu Dhabi. Scott was happy to oblige - of course, he's quite partial to a meaty meal too, and so off we went.

The restaurant felt much smaller and more intimate than I'd anticipated, which I liked. Whenever I think of a steakhouse grill, I always envisage a dimly-lit setting, cased in dark wood and leather and this didn't disappoint. The flickering fire set along one of the side walls gave the restaurant a homely yet modern feel and with the staff on hand to bring me a cushion to prop myself up in my seat, I was eager to get started and look at what food was on offer. 

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse and Grill Abu Dhabi

The menu was everything I expected. Well-rounded, varied and with ample selections of meat cuts. We were recommended the Soft Shell Crab to start, which was utterly moreish. I'm not the biggest lover of seafood, or even crab for that matter but I could see why this dish was a popular choice.

With a tinkling of glassware, the gin trolley was at our table and the bar staff set about making us cocktails whilst we looked on.

For our main course, Scott ordered the Gourmet Burger - A mountain of Wagu beef, cheeses, mushrooms and crispy beef bacon. Served with a bucket of chips, it was honestly one of the biggest burgers I'd ever seen!

I opted for the Wagu Tenderloin Fillet which was cooked to perfection. We shared at a whole bunch of sides, far more than we needed as the portions were generous. We tucked into Truffle Mash, (my favourite) Potato Dauphinoise and Stilton Garlic Bread. I always judge a steakhouse on the quality of their side dishes and Marco Pierre White really delivered.  

Marco Pierre White Steakhouse and Grill Abu Dhabi
Marco Pierre White Steakhouse and Grill Abu Dhabi

After finishing our mountain of food, and with barely any space to breath, the staff brought out a little birthday treat - a portion of their amazing, Sticky Toffee Pudding. Sticky Toffee Pudding is my absolute favourite dessert, (closely followed by carrot cake) and this was as good as any I've tried. 

The Marco Pierre White Restaurant is on the pricey side, but for the beautiful surroundings, excellent service and utterly divine food, I'd say it was absolutely worth every penny!

I'm already counting down the days until my next visit. 

For more information about the Marco Pierre White Steakhouse & Grill you can visit the Fairmont Bab Al Bahr webpage or alternatively, you can call  +971 2 654 3238 to make a booking. 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig