Friday 29 July 2016

July Favourites


Are we really half-way through the year? I mean, I should probably start Christmas shopping, right? 

This month, I've been stuck in somewhat of a make up rut. If you read my Summer / Everyday Makeup Post, you'll have seen what I've been slapping on my face pretty much consistently throughout July. 

There's been a few added extras though;

July Favourites / Life in Excess Blog

July Favourites / Life in Excess Blog

July Favourites / Life in Excess Blog

When I've bothered with eye shadow, the Morphe 35O Palette is the one I've been reaching for. I didn't expect nor want to love it as much as I do. I hate an overhyped product, as a rule, but this really is gold star worthy. It contains everything you need to create a warm eye look and if you can get your hands on it, I'd suggest snapping it up in a heartbeat. Full review and swatches here

Next up is an odd one. For me, the Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour Kit was a waste of money. There, I said it. Of all the shades, there's only one that I use - 'Light Sculpt' and it's that shade that's landed this a place in my July Favourites. I've been using the middle contour religiously as a cream bronzer, swirling my flat kabuki brush in the product and buffing it all over my face, pretty much. It's a perfect shade to add warmth to my skin; although I'd say that as a whole, the contour shades in this palette are too warm to do any actual, proper contouring with as I tend to prefer a cooler tone for that but there you go. 

As for lips, I mentioned in this post that I've been loving using the Sephora Cream Lip Stain in shade 03, Strawberry Kissed. It's a beautiful, pink/red shade and it's one of the most comfortable, long-lasting liquid lipsticks that I've tried. It's not super drying and will survive even the most hearty of wine-swillings. I'm also giving this and another shade away on my Instagram - here!

Skincare-wise, I've been loving using the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream moisturiser. It just leaves my skin feeling really healthy and looking hydrated. This is a great, every day cream and I feel like it would work for all skin types.

Finally, a non-beauty related product that I have absolutely loved this month has been this Strawberry Vanilla Scented Candle from Bath & Body Works. It smells like strawberry Chewits and it's incredible! I usually find that with BBW candles, you only need to burn them for a short while to fill your home with the scent so they last for ages. 

What have you been loving throughout July? Do you have any beauty or non-beauty favourites this month and have you been mixing up your routine much lately? 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig