Monday 18 July 2016

Summer Ready / Every Day Makeup


I know, I know... 'Summer ready' make up is pretty much my every day, hence the title. In reality, if I'm not leaving the house to go anywhere interesting, I tend to stick with a little moisturiser and, if I'm really pushing the boat out, I'll fill in my brows and slap on a bit of mascara. 

Hands up for beauty blogger of the year...

Anyway, if effort is required, these are the products I've been reaching for to give me that Summer ready face:

Summer Ready Makeup / Life in Excess Blog

Summer Ready Makeup / Life in Excess Blog

Summer Ready Makeup / Life in Excess Blog

Summer Ready Makeup / Life in Excess Blog

Let's talk base. I typically like to keep things light and my go-to is the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue, tinted hydrating gel cream in the shade Natural 05. I didn't rate it to begin with but here I am on my second or third bottle, and as far as light bases go, it does the job well. It's very lightweight yet evens out skin tone and gives skin a little pick-me-up. 

I pair it with the Bourjois Radiance Reveal Concealer in the shade 01 Ivory to conceal under eye darkness and any imperfections that I may have. I also use this concealer to highlight the centre portions of my face which helps to give a little more coverage to my tinted moisturiser. 

When I first purchased the Anastasia Beverly Hills Cream Contour Kit in Light, I wasn't sure. I couldn't make it work for me but after much playing around, I've found that the middle contour shade makes for a beautiful cream bronzer. I've been using a flat top kabuki brush to buff this onto the outer portions of my face and I've been loving the natural warmth it lends to my skin. 

I'm still very much obsessed with the MAC Mineralize Blush in New Romance and I find it gives such a fresh-faced, natural looking blush. The subtle shimmer gives the skin a luminosity that's perfect for the Summer. I highly recommend this blush as it's one of my firm faves. 

For highlighter, I'm still 1000% committed to the BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Opal. I have been flitting between this and the Jaclyn Hill Champagne Face Palette but it's Opal that I find myself gravitating towards most. There's no such thing as too much highlighter in my books and I especially love glowing skin in the Summertime. 

Finally, a lip product I've found myself reaching for again is the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector in shade 02, Apricot Shimmer. I'd forgotten how much I love the scent of these. Shade 02 is a peach shimmer that is easy to wear and top up on the go. I tend to stick with nude lipsticks and glosses during the day and this has been gracing my face over the last week or so. 

Do you mix up your make up routine for the Summer? Let me know what products you're currently using in the comments section below and let me know if you've tried any of these products. Thoughts? 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig