Wednesday 27 July 2016

The Kiehl's Skincare Edition


Ahhh, Kiehl's... Where do we even begin?

I don't know about you, but there's just something about the simple, apothecary-style packaging and the fact that there's a skeleton man in pretty much every Kiehl's store I've ever been in. I mean, it's the little touches, right?

In all seriousness, I find that I'm rarely disappointed with Kiehl's skin care products. 

Kiehl's Skincare Review / Life in Excess Blog
Kiehl's Skincare Review / Life in Excess Blog

Midnight Recovery Concentrate: This nighttime facial oil is said to regenerate, restore and replenish for smoother, healthier skin. It's a cult beauty fave amongst many and it's easy to see why. Firstly, the scent. The product itself is a blend of evening primrose and lavender essential oils and the lavender scent is the one that overpowers. I'm not the biggest fan of lavender but it's inoffensive. I've been using this night oil regularly for months and whilst I wouldn't describe it as a miracle-worker, I do feel like my skin appears healthier and more nourished. Despite being an oil, it doesn't leave my skin feeling particularly greasy and does sink in relatively quickly. It is a little on the pricey side but I've been using this almost every night since I purchased it and I still have over two thirds of the bottle remaining. In my opinion, it's a worthwhile investment. 

Midnight Recovery Eye Cream: I purchased the eye cream at the same time as the oil and I've been using it on rotation with two other eye creams. The scent is very similar to that of the oil and the cream has a thick consistency that melts into the skin with ease. It's not sticky and feels nice to apply. I feel like I've never been blown away by an eye cream, perhaps because I'm fortunate that I don't have any deep wrinkles yet and so I don't notice any significant smoothing of the skin but what I will say is that dark circles are less noticeable after using this product and I feel like I look more awake in the morning - which is always a bonus! 

Kiehl's Skincare Review / Life in Excess Blog

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream: Over the years, I've had numerous samples of this best-selling face cream and I decided it was finally time to part with cash. It's not a bells and whistles cream. You're not going to wake up in the morning with the face of a 12 year old but you will wake up with your skin looking fresh and replenished. Whenever I've used this, I've always noticed that my skin just looks and feels better. It's hydrating but still light-weight and, in all honesty, it just leaves my skin looking healthy. It's great underneath make up and slathered all over as a night cream. I really like this product and as long as my skin needs don't change, I will definitely repurchase. 

Kiehl's Skincare Review / Life in Excess Blog

Over-Night Biological Peel: Sounds fancy but works simply. It's a gentle, chemical peel that reduces texture and helps to minimize the appearance of pores. It's an overnight treatment and I would recommend applying it 20-30 minutes before bed as the serum is quite thick and does apply fairly sticky. It dries down as the product skins into the skin but it takes a little time, not a deal breaker but it is something to consider. When I initially started using this, I found that it brought a lot of blemishes to the surface but after a week or two, they cleared and I found that my skin was looking much clearer and my complexion more even. I can have quite sensitive skin at times and although this claims to be a powerful peel, I've never had any issues with skin sensitivity. 

Kiehl's Skincare Review / Life in Excess Blog

One final thing to note about Kiehl's is that of all the skincare brands I've tried, Kiehl's are by far the most generous when it comes to giving out samples of their products. The above are some that I picked up on my most recent trip and am looking forward to trying out. I have high hopes for the Re-Texturizing Serum! 

Have you ever purchased any skincare items from Kiehl's? Do you have any favourites from the brand or are there any products that you're keen to try? Let me know what you think in the comment section below. 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig