Monday 10 October 2016

Bath & Body Works Autumn Candles


Guys, the obsession is real. 

There are three things I love about this time of year. Jumpers, Christmas and Bath & Body Works candles. 

Living in Abu Dhabi has many perks, one of which is that there are Bath & Body Works stores in practically every shopping mall - hooray! Being the eager beaver that I am, I made it my mission to call in on a weekly basis to check when their Autumn candle stock would be arriving - And it's finally here! 

Here's what I bought... initially. Yes, we'll get to that part further down

Bath & Body Works Autumn Candles - Life in Excess Blog
Bath & Body Works Autumn Candles - Life in Excess Blog
Bath & Body Works Autumn Candles - Life in Excess Blog

Sparkling Pear Riesling - I do love me some Riesling. Just putting that out there. This candle definitely has that Summer to Autumn transitional vibe going on. The pear gives it a fruitiness and you really sense the grape wine scent pulling though. Pear can be tricky in a fragrance, I often feel, but this works really well and it's a great one to see out the sunny evenings with. 

Autumn - I toyed between this and Leaves but settled on Autumn as it's a much fresher fragrance. The first thing that I got from this was apple. It does have a fruitiness to it but it's balanced out well with hints of eucalyptus and fig, and I like that it feels like a more traditional home fragrance. If you're looking for a candle that has a more subtle nod towards Autumn, then this one's for you. 

Cinnamon Sugared Doughnut - Okay, confession time. I ADORE sweet scents in my home. The more my apartment smells like a bakery, the happier I am. I can never resist the foodie scents, or doughnuts for that matter so this purchase made total sense. Cinnamon is the overriding scent which gives this candle a more festive feel to it. 

And then because I clearly felt that wasn't enough, I went out and bought three more...

Bath & Body Works Autumn Candles - Life in Excess Blog

Honey Crisp Apple - This was actually Scott's favourite scent and the candle that he picked out but there are no complaints from me as it smells delicious. It really has a mouth-watering crisp apple scent that is perfect for this time of year. The freshness of this fragrance means it's a perfect one for burning during the day. 

Pumpkin Pecan Waffles - I'm not even really sure I know what pumpkin waffles smell like but if I had to guess, I'd say that this candle is a pretty decent representation. It has a warm, sweet, nutty scent to it with a hint of cinnamon and maple syrup. 

Pumpkin Spiced Cheesecake - Not pictured because I have had it burning pretty much non stop since we bought it. I love everything about this candle. It smells EXACTLY like cheesecake. I was nervous that the cream cheese scent would come across as sickly but it really does smell like bakery heaven. 

I would say that's your lot but I can't promise I won't be running back out to stock up on more of these uhhmazing candles. I'll probably go into full meltdown when the Christmas selection arrives - if you'll pardon the pun

Have you tried any of the Bath & Works Autumn/Fall candles? Let me know what your favourite scents are or what you like to burn in your home at this time of year. 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig