Wednesday 12 October 2016

Beauty On Rotation


I'll hold my hands up. I have more makeup than I need. Of course I'm not going to confess that to my husband who, when I'm trying to explain why I need a new lipstick that is two shades darker than the one I bought the previous week, has in fact muttered the words, "I don't really understand why you need more than one lipstick anyway."

Yes, I was just as horrified as you are.

In a bid to use up some of the products that have sadly become neglected, I've decided to try and rotate my, 'easy to grab' make up - i.e. the bits that aren't stuffed at the back of my make up drawer. 

Here's what made the cut:

Beauty On Rotation - Life in Excess Blog

Beauty On Rotation - Life in Excess Blog

Benefit Watt's Up Highlighter - I'll admit, I have big time neglected this highlighter - mostly due to the fact that I typically find cream highlighters more difficult to work with, however, my love for cream bronzer has blossomed over the Summer so I think it's time to put in the effort. 

NARS Amour Blusher - I was all over this blusher when I first bought it but over the last few months it has been gathering dust. As the cooler months draw in, I think it's time to put the shimmery pinks to one side and opt for something a little more seasonally appropriate. 

Maybelline Color Tattoo in On and On Bronze - This is a much-loved cream eye shadow for me but, hidden away, it hasn't seen much action recently. I love the ease of this product and it's perfect for days when minimal effort is required or wanted.

MAC Mehr Matte Lipstick - When I lived in Finland, Mehr and I had a pretty intense thing going on. I wore this lipstick non-stop. I definitely feel like it's time to fan the flames and rekindle my love for this gorgeous dusty mauve lipstick. 

Are you guilty of getting into a rut with your make up and neglecting certain products? Do you like to rotate your make up regularly and discover old make up gems? Let me know what you think below. 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig