Wednesday 19 October 2016

Huda Beauty Liquid Matte Lipsticks - Flirt & Medusa


I did it. I went and bought more of the Huda Beauty Liquid Matte Lipsticks. Meet Flirt and Medusa...

Huda Beauty Liquid Matte Lipstick Review - Flirt & Medusa

Huda Beauty Liquid Matte Lipstick Review - Flirt & Medusa

Huda Beauty Liquid Matte Lipstick Review - Flirt & Medusa

If you caught my initial review of the Huda Beauty Liquid Matte Lipsticks (blog post here) then you'll know that I had very mixed feelings about these - I'll spare you the details as I go into more depth in my original post, but in the end, comfort and the stunning shade choices won out over longevity. 

And thus Flirt and Medusa were welcomed into the family. 

Flirt is the one that caught my eye initially. The 90's style, chocolate brown nude was a shade previously missing from my lipstick wardrobe. I wasn't entirely convinced that I could pull it off but it's actually much more wearable than I originally thought. I love it, and it's one of those shades that make my teeth look scary white so it's a win win.

As for Medusa, the dusty mauve/nude shade is equally as interesting and flattering as Flirt. My gut feeling was to avoid Medusa as the imagery on the packaging led me to believe it was more of a cool, greige which typically looks awful on me. However, it was a different story when I swatched it and I was glad I didn't overlook it as it wears beautifully. 

Huda Beauty Liquid Matte Lipstick Review - Flirt & Medusa Swatches

I can't promise this will be it for Huda Beauty and I - I'm already thinking I made a mistake in not picking up Spice Girl. 

What are your thoughts on these lipstick shades? Have you tried any of the Liquid Matte Lipsticks or do you have your eye on any shades in particular? Let me know what you think below. 

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig