Wednesday 26 August 2015

August Beauty Wish List

If there's one thing that I certainly need more of, it's beauty products... *scoff*  I know, I know... but I feel like over the last few weeks, I've been obsessing over my make up collection way more than usual. I'm like, 'I NEED EVERYTHING!' Seriously, first world problems guys. 

Anyhoo, I thought I'd throw together a quick wish list post so that you could have a peek at what's topping my want/need list this month, plus, I'm kinda hoping you'll share your opinions if you've tried any of these. Enable me girls and boys!!

August Beauty Wish List, Effortlessly Excessive


First up we have Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk Foundation. This one has been on my radar for some time now but truthfully, I've been too lazy to hit one of the counters in the UK to get colour matched.The struggle is real. I'm a lightweight, dewy foundation kinda girl and from everything that I've seen and read about this, I imagine it will be love at first buff. 

Up next we have the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Water. I've been having a thing for face mists ever since I started using Urban Decay's Chill Setting Spray, (obsession right there!) I toyed with this in my basket at Boots a few weeks ago and now I really regret not picking it up. For someone whose skin is borderline dry, I feel like this will really add an extra touch of moisture to my skin and help my foundation lie much better. I've fallen out of love with typical cream primers recently as I feel like they always break me out, so this may be a really great alternative. 

Sitting pretty in the top right-hand corner is the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette. I am still flitting backwards and forwards between this and the individual Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Luminous Light. I didn't believe that I needed any of these powders for so long, but recently they've been creeping up and up my wish list, and we're now at the point where I need to get me some! I haven't seen any of these in the flesh and will more than likely need to buy blind with these, (which is probably why I'm being so indecisive!) I cannot justify buying them all, I cannot justify buying them all... 

Shout out to the only none make up item in this month's wish list - the Hermes Le Jardin De Monsieur Li fragrance. I lurrrrve this stuff. Scott picked up a sample for me at Duty Free several weeks ago, and we both fell in love immediately! It's a unisex fragrance, although I definitely feel it leans more on the feminine side. That didn't stop us fighting over it though. It's such a beautiful, fresh. outdoorsy scent and I absolutely need to get my paws on the full-size bottle... immediately!

Last, but buy no means least, is the Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster from Clarins. It was actually a hairdresser friend that suggested these facial tanning drops to me and when she claimed that she absolutely swore by them, I already knew that I would need to hunt them down. You mix the drops with your day/night cream, slap it on your face and let it develop. My friend swore blind that these gave her the most natural-looking, healthy glow to her face, and that's about all I need to convince me to make a purchase. 

As always, leave your comments/thoughts/suggestions below and let me know if you've tried any of these products mentioned in my wish list. Are there any beauty bits and pieces that you've been lusting after lately?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig