Monday 24 August 2015

Naked Skin - Cheating A Good Night's Sleep

Before we get stuck into the review today, I just want to apologise for the uninspiring photography that we've got going on in this post. I'm currently crashing at my rents house with zero props and pieces so yea, we're going in with a cushion. 

Anyway, I've been lusting after the Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer for what feels like a lifetime, so I knew that as soon as I was back in the UK, it would be straight in my shopping basket. 

Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer Fair Neutral Review and Swatches

I typically only use concealer to cover up my dark circles and brighten up my complexion so I always opt for a concealer that is a couple of shades lighter than my natural skin tone. Just looking at online swatches and from reading a few reviews, I knew I wanted the Fair Neutral shade straight from the get go. It took me several attempts to find this particular shade in stock, but here it is swatched in all its glory. 

Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer Fair Neutral Review and Swatches

When I first used this, I didn't love it. I felt like it creased and gathered in my fine lines, plus it felt cakey and generally not good. I was so disappointed...

Until I figured it out.

I ditched my trusty Sigma F05 brush (which yes, is for powder but it was working so well for me at buffing in my concealer) and instead, armed myself with a damp beauty blender. Believe me, it made a world of difference. I also figured I was using waaaay too much product which was causing it to crease and settle in my lines. A little of this concealer goes a long way and although some concealers allow you to be heavy handed, that really isn't the way to go with this one. 

The Fair Neutral shade is super light and for those with a similar skin tone as me may find it a smidge too pale. Personally, I love that bright, under-eye effect and I always balance it out by using the concealer to highlight my nose, the centre of my forehead, my chin and cupid's bow. I've also been slapping the bronzer on recently which has also helped to balance things out a touch. I love how awake this concealer makes me look, and cheating a good night's sleep is definitely something I need in my life right now!

In terms of wear, if I set this with a powder, it will last me all day. If I'm heading out for the evening and keeping my make up on, I'll usually neaten things up a touch with my beauty blender but I very rarely feel the need to reapply. It's seriously long-lasting stuff.

I'm extremely fortunate in that I rarely suffer from blemishes so I don't know how this fares on problem skin, but what I will say is that if you're in the market for a fantastic, lightweight, flawless finish, under-eye concealer, Urban Decay have got you covered!

Have you tried the Naked Skin Concealer from Urban Decay? If so, what are your thoughts?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig