Thursday 20 August 2015

Life-Changing

Hey guys, it has been FOREVER since I sat down and had a good, ol' chit chat on here, so today I thought I would right those many wrongs. 

First up, for the last ten (or so) years I have been living a lie. At the tender age of 16/17, I paid a visit to my GP, and after having my stats taken, walked away a grand, five feet, five inches tall. Proud and happy in the knowledge that I was distinctly average in stature. Skip forward to last week, and my world came crashing down around me. Unable to believe that someone of this size would have difficulty seeing over passing cars, Scott's mum demanded a re-test... and the results were life-changing.

FIVE FEET THREE INCHES!

Officially a member of the itty bitty committee and a whole TWO INCHES less of a person than I used to be. I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel some sort of loss, although on the bright side, I can begin to browse the petite section of life, knowing that I belong. 

Sidenote: The first time Scott ever saw me without heels on he said to me, 'God, you're actually really short!'

Side Sidenote: There's every possibility that I've shrunk and therefore am travelling down some sort of premature ageing road. If I start peeing my pants involuntarily, send help!

In other news, I've become one of those 'fangirls,' only slightly less scary than those you find lurking in the depths of Twitter. I know I'm super late to the party, but over the last month I have been OBSESSED with 'Tuber Jaclyn Hill. That girl could sell me the clothes off my own back. She is the sole reason I bought Urban Decay's Chill Make Up Setting Spray - (which P.S. is uhhmazing!) and a new MAC blusher which I'll be chatting about real soon. PLUS, she also inspired me to put in a huge eye shadow order which you'll no doubt see cropping up here and there in the coming weeks. Seriously, this girl is not good for my bank balance. If like me, you've been living under a rock and haven't seen any of her beauty tutorials on You Tube, head on over here and thank me later. 

Wedding preparations are well under way just now and I feel like the end of a very long road is in sight. I have the final fittings of my wedding dress next week and I'm super duper excited to see everything coming together. My dress has been completely altered from the 'standard' design so I can't wait to finally see my ideas materialise. We've got lots of little DIY bits and pieces to finish when Scott joins me in the UK at the weekend so I'm sorry if my reign of silence extends through into the following week. I'm going to put in a real effort to get ahead over the next few days so I can schedule some things in for you guys. I've got stacks of unedited photos piling up, (hence why my Finnish Road Trip mini-series has taken a back seat for now) but I'm going to crack on as much as I can between bagging up confetti and emailing what feels like every resident of the Scottish Midlands. (I'm getting married just outside of Edinburgh - An FYI if that last bit had you like, whuuut?!)

In slightly depressing news, I have been mourning the loss of a beach bag for the last few days. I say loss, but in actual fact, I've never even owned this beautiful Oasis specimen that you may still be able to catch a glimpse of here. I waited far too long to start my honeymoon shopping, (hello Autumn/Winter stock!) and now everything, EVERYTHING warm weather appropriate is either out of stock or vanished from all existence. I briefly considered calling up every Oasis/Debenhams/John Lewis store within a 50 mile radius to try and track down le bag, but I have bigger fish to fry just now, so moaning about it to friends and family will have to suffice. 

Finally, if you've made it this far you deserve a pat on the back, remember when I said in this post that I had big, relocation news coming up soon? Well, Scott and I are still waiting on the details being finalised - YAWN. In six weeks time we will be effectively homeless as our apartment contract has been terminated so yea, let's just sit here and let that one sink in for a moment...

I am dying to share everything with you all but until the t's are crossed and the i's are dotted, I've got to keep my lips sealed - which is killing me!! As soon as we get the all clear, you can expect a huge announcement style post though! 

Squeal. 

One more tiny thing, I saw this floating about the interwebz and thought I'd share it with you guys as this is a pretty accurate representation of how my diet is going to go, post-wedding... 


Much love
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig