Friday 21 August 2015

Warm Peach Salad

I'm hitting you with another foodie post today, but fear not, it'll be much healthier than the delicious chocolate cake recipe I posted a few weeks ago! (Apologies for ruining any diets with that one.) So, here we are with a light, Summer, warm peach salad recipe which I threw together one evening for a healthy dinner. It's super quick and simple to make and what's more, it makes fine Instagram material! 

So what are you waiting for? 

Grab your apron and let's get started! 

Warm Peach Salad Recipe
Warm Peach Salad Recipe

Ingredients - (Serves 2)


4 large peaches
A large red pepper
1 medium-sized red onion
Mixed lettuce - whatever you prefer.
50g of low-fat feta cheese
Paprika
Black pepper
Salt to taste
Olive oil
Balsamic vinegar - optional

Method

1. Pour a little oil into a frying pan over a medium heat and carefully wipe away the excess with a piece of kitchen roll. I'd use the spray oil but I haven't seen it on sale anywhere in Finland so my neanderthal methods will have to do!

2. Chop the peaches into reasonable sized chunks, sprinkle with paprika, black pepper and salt to taste, before adding them to the pan. Fry over a medium heat until they are browned and fairly tender.

3. Whilst the peaches are cooking, wash and prepare the lettuce. Chop the pepper and onion into thin slices and toss together with the lettuce. If you want to add some balsamic vinegar at this stage, fire away. I ended up adding some after I had photographed my bowl.

4. Divide the salad mix into two bowls. Place the cooked peaches in the centre of the bowl and top with crumbled feta cheese.

Easy Peasy!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig