Wednesday 16 March 2016

Chit Chat, Honeymooning (Again) and Go Pro Woes


I'm just going to put it out there, in approximately 24 hours, I'll be in the Maldives.

*Cue all the screams*

Ever since I was a teen, I would search for images of my favourite hotels and resorts in the Maldives and save them into a folder on my desktop - sad, yes but it really shows that when I say this is a dream come true kinda holiday, you can see where I'm coming from.

When Scott and I discussed where we would like to go for our honeymoon, the Maldives seemed like the obvious choice. White sandy beaches and crystal clear waters. I mean, it doesn't take much selling does it?

Honeymoon In The Maldives

We'd planned to honeymoon right after our wedding but as this would have landed us in a rainy season in the Maldives, we decided to hold off until the following year and book a short minimoon to Santorini for right after the wedding which you can read about here.

We ended up booking our stay in the Maldives before the wedding and it's always felt like a lifetime away, especially with all the wedding goings on and then the big, post-wedding move across continents. But now it's finally here and in all honesty, I'm nervous.

Okay, I'm aware of how ridiculous that sounds. Of course, I'm beyond excited but I'd say I've spent a good ten years, at least, dreaming about this part of the world and there are seriously high expectations. Plus, a 45 minute sea plane ride which I'm not entirely thrilled about.

I've spent the last week or so clearing every inch of space on my multiple memory cards and binning all those fluffy bunny screenshots because if there's one thing I'm gonna make damn sure of whilst I'm there, it's to document every waking minute in glorious photographical form. 

We also bought a Go Pro so I can, and I quote; "Go snorkeling and video all the fish" which, from a girl who doesn't even like to dunk her head under her own bath water, is perhaps a little far-fetched. Also, FYI, operating a Go Pro successfully requires way more skill than I initially thought. Admittedly, I struggled to even get the damn thing out of the box.

Anyway, I'm (currently) toying with the idea of publishing a 'What I'm Packing For The Maldives' post. I'm sure by the time this goes live I'll have made up my mind but if that sounds like something you'd like to see, holla at me. 

All that's left for me to do is sit back and contemplate how many Instagram photos of the beach is too many Instagram photos of the beach. 

Answer: YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY, DAMMIT!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig