Monday 28 March 2016

Post Holiday Catch Up

Hello, hello... I'm back and feeling like I've been dragged through several hedges, backwards and somehow spat out the other side, several pounds heavier and with a perpetual need to nap in the middle of the day. 

And no... I've not been teleported back to my student days!

If my barking about it on all forms of social media wasn't enough and you somehow managed to miss it, I spent the last week on holiday in the Maldives with my hubby. In all seriousness, it was the most incredible experience and I can't wait to share my photo diary with you all, but it's come pretty close to destroying me.

Okay, I exaggerate but an entire week, lazing around on sandy beaches has been horrifically exhausting.. sigh.. and I've really struggled to get back into the swing of things since we've been home. If lounging around in your pjs and eating chocolate was a sport, I'd be a pro. 

Speaking of which, happy belated Easter wishes to those who celebrate it. Scott and I tagged our holiday onto the Easter weekend so we'd have a few days to get back into the swing of things - i.e. going out for happy hour drinks and stuffing our souls at the St Regis Saadiyat Easter Sunday brunch. 

Brunch St Regis Saadiyat Abu Dhabi

Brunch St Regis Saadiyat Abu Dhabi

Brunch St Regis Saadiyat Abu Dhabi

Brunch St Regis Saadiyat Abu Dhabi

Why is everything so much better when it comes served in a coconut?

In slightly more painful to admit news, Scott and I have become hooked on watching old re runs of Escape To The Country on BBC iPlayer. I'd offer up an excuse as to how and why this came about but I don't have so we're just going to have to leave it at that. 

Tonight is our first personal training session in a decade and I feel like this tub of houmous sums up my feelings about it perfectly. 

Post Holiday Catch Up Life in Excess Blog

My embarrassingly poor attempts at water aerobics, (read: splashing about in the pool like a turkey) didn't really cut it so I know that tonight is going to be a tough one. Teamed with the fact that I've spent the last ten days eating like a water buffalo means that there's a high chance of tears on the horizon.

Finally, because I promised a puppy post a while back and I still haven't delivered on that yet, I thought I'd share with you this photo of Daisy's snazzy new hair cut. I lost the argument to grow her head hair long enough for a bow but I still think she looks beautiful... despite the fact that she pooped a currant on our new rug in protest at being left in the kennels for a week. Diva.

Shih Tzu Puppy

Shih Tzu Puppy
Stroke me you insufferable humans!

Hope you're all well and thanks for bearing with me whilst I try and pull myself together post holiday/chocolate binge/blogging absence. 

Did you get up to anything fun over the long weekend?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig