Friday 25 March 2016

Lush Hair Saviours

Yes, Lush do in fact sell a whole bunch of other amazing products. It's not just bubble bars and bath bombs y'know! 

I was lucky enough to receive some of Lush's Hair Care range several weeks ago and I've been putting them, and my tresses to the test ever since. 

As it's my first time using hair care products from Lush, I wasn't sure what to expect. I've heard so much praise for their skincare line and bath products, but very little as to what they could do to tackle my frizz-prone mane.

So shall we look at what we have?



Okay, I'll try and go through these in some kind of logical order.

Jason and the Argan Oil Shampoo Bar - If there's one thing you can rely on Lush for, it's turning something as basic as shampoo into something a whole lot more fun. I love that about the brand. This shampoo bar is surprisingly simple to use. It lathers up nicely in your hands or you can rub it directly onto your hair. I'm a huge fan of the 'Rose Jam' scent too. My only niggle with this is that it really does need housing in a tin or a tub to keep it from getting soggy in the shower. 

Big Sea Salt Shampoo - I love using sea salt products in my hair as my hair is naturally very soft and baby-like. Sea salt shampoos are great for adding volume and texture to the hair and this is how the Big Shampoo works for me. It's not something I would use everyday, and you do need a hefty blob of conditioner to balance this out somewhat but it's great as an occasional use product when my hair is falling a little flat. 

Rehab Shampoo - I'm a sucker for peppermint scents and this shampoo smells seriously amazing. I love that it's jam packed full of natural products to leave your hair feeling soft and refreshed after use. 

Fairly Traded Honey Shampoo - If you're into your honey scents, you'll love this shampoo. I'm a sweet girl, (aha) but as a shampoo, this is a little too sweet for me. I think the scent lends itself well to a hand cream or a body butter. Despite that fact, it's very conditioning, giving me soft, shiny hair. 

Happy Happy Joy Joy Conditioning Hair Perfume - A hair perfume that you use just like a normal conditioner. Applied to hair after shampooing and rinsed out. I'm a huge fan of this stuff and you can hear me raving about it in my February Favourites post. With ingredients such as almond milk, jojoba oil, rose and orange flower waters - not only is the scent incredible, really... it's a fab conditioner too. I definitely think I'll repurchase this one when I run out. 

Jasmine and Henna Fluff-Eaze Hair Treatment - I'm a fan of the occasional face mask but I often overlook masks for the hair. This pre-wash treatment is designed to moisturise and smooth out-of-control, frizzy, dry hair. You need to apply this product generously and if you have long hair, you're going to need almost if not all of the pot. I initially tried this with only a small amount of product and didn't notice much difference but I'm going to go back and whack a tonne of it on my hair and see how it turns out. Wish me luck!

No Drought Dry Shampoo - Finally, one for the lazy folk! If, like me, you hate washing your hair - dry shampoo will be your life-saver. The grapefruit and lime scent works really well with this. It's not too overpowering and is perfect for 'refreshing' your 'fro. One thing I will say is this can get a little messy as you tip the powder out of the tub. I'd recommend applying it before getting dressed. That being said, it does work well to de-grease and spruce up your hair without leaving a noticeable build up/granny grey hair tinge.

Have you tried any of the Lush Hair Care products? If so, what are your favourites and is there anything you'd recommend for me to try out?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig