Friday 2 October 2015

Ghost Spam and Politics

Today was a great day. The woman that handles our company apartment decided to tell us that our WIFI was being disconnected as of the end of September. So if you're reading this and wondering why I've been so quiet the last few days, it's because I've had all that is good in life, stripped away from me. I'm probably feeling naked and afraid somewhere. *Scary visuals

It's not all bad though, she did inform us that she'd managed to extend our electricity contract for an extra week so I'll be able to drown my sorrows in tea and toast. 

In other news, I had my faith in humanity somewhat ruffled upon discovering that this had been used to search for my blog:


It's almost a poem so credit where credit is due... However, I have several issues with the above.

1. It appears higher than my actual web address, indicating that Google deems this to be a search of greater value than my blog link.

What kind of person does Google think I am?

2. I'm not entirely sure, 'dancing like a paralytics' makes any sense, or is particularly PC. 

3. That someone would ever type a sentence this long into a search bar. You're interneting wrong!

...and finally

4. At which point did Google decide I'm a paranormal-spamming politician with questionable moral character? Was Google on drugs when they decided that this was a topic vaguely associated with my blog? Although in Google's defence, stranger things have probably appeared on these pages.

It did inspire me to think that I should maybe write a Halloween post though. Give the people what they want. Truth is, I'm not certain I know what a, 'ghost spammer' is...

So I asked the oracle that is Google.

Which led me to this image, pulled from a page about someone's allergic reaction to a Quorn frozen pizza. FYI:


The internet is a strange place. Perhaps there's something to be said for having your WIFI cut off?

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig