Tuesday 27 October 2015

Lush Bubble Bars

I am once again, 'with bath.' After spending almost two years in Finland without the use of a tub, I've been making up for lost time in the shape of numerous, Lush bubble baths. 

The bubble bars are my favourite products from Lush, hands down. So much so, that despite the occasional shower gel purchase, the bubble bars are pretty much all I gravitate towards. I know some of you, 'lushies' will be cursing at your screens right now, but I'm very much stuck in my bubble-loving ways. 

Plus, there appears to be a Lush store on every corner in Abu Dhabi. Not complaining, just observing. Yes, I can excuse the ridiculous mark up. Just shy of £14 for the two - ouch! It was pretty much the same in Finland so I don't really feel cheated, although I do tend to go a little wild whenever I'm back in the UK. 

Anyway, enough of my waffle. Let's crack on with why we're here:

Lush Peeping Santa Bubble Bar Review


Peeping Santa

I saw this little chap doing the rounds on Twitter/Instagram and I knew I needed to get my hands on him. Seriously, how cute? It's a decent sized bubble bar, I used it all in one go but there's more than enough for two baths. The first thing that surprised me was the fact that it really isn't very festive. Okay, ignore the whole, 'peeping santa' thing. The scent is really Summery - fruity and very strawberry-ish. Don't get me wrong, it's lovely, but Christmas doesn't immediately spring to mind. Also, I expected this to turn my bath water red, and it doesn't. Well, not really. It gives you water that is sort of orange, with possibly the tiniest, and I mean tiniest, hint of shimmer. Either that or my eyesight is playing up. Anyway, a nice product but not a winner for me I'm afraid. 

Lush Milky Bath Bubble Bar Review

Milky Bath

I'd been eyeing this one up for a while. It's a super simple one by Lush's standards but I love the quirky milk bottle design and glittery top. It doesn't really change your bath water, it just turns it sort of milky, (I know) underneath the mounds of bubbles it produces. The scent is really fresh and reminds me of clean sheets dusted in talcum powder. The scent isn't overpowering so if you typically find some of the other Lush products too much, you'd probably like this. There's plenty for two baths. I split this and it was perfectly fine. This is definitely my favourite of the two that I picked up and one that I'll definitely reach for again.

Have you been using any Lush products recently? What do you think of their Halloween and Christmas ranges and is there anything that you're dying to try out?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig