Sunday 11 October 2015

Dubai

Hey, I'm alive, (in the literal sense of the word) although I feel as though a week-long nap wouldn't go amiss right now. It would appear that I'm 'tired' in Dubai... like all the damn time! I reckon I've only got a few more days’ worth of blaming the jet lag before I need to come up with another excuse. Maybe the heat? Anyway, tiredness aside, I'm back in the land of sunshine and it feels UHHmazing. 

I wanted to post something a little more compelling today, but I've sat here for 20 minutes trying to be interesting. The best that I could come up with was a lame joke about the fact that I've failed on two occasions to bag myself a SIM card for my phone and I’m not going to put you through that. I bet you're really glad you took time out of your day to stop by, aren't you?! FYI, I’ve also just gorged on Petits Filous yoghurts, because one is never enough. Did you know, according to their pot facts, the fastest growing nail is on the middle finger? Figures. 

In Dubai-related news, Scott and I went out for dinner on Friday evening. After much careful consideration, Scott decided that it would only be fitting that we went to Scots Grill in the Marriott Al Jaddaf Hotel. I’m sure there’s some Freudian explanation as to why my husband feels the need to eat at a place named loosely after himself but that’s neither here nor there. The food was truly delicious. The cuisine is American with a Scottish flare, (my husband is Scottish – anyone sensing a theme here?) and I’m telling you now, the haggis is a must! 

Even Scott commented how good it was and coming from a man who knows haggis, that’s got to be saying something!

Scots Grill Dubai
Scots Grill Dubai

Other than that, I’ve been mooching around the hotel apartment and baking myself by the pool. Can’t complain. We drive to Abu Dhabi on Thursday and begin the long and arduous task that is home hunting. I’m hoping we find a place to live ASAP as I have several Pinterest boards and a printable mood board of home décor that needs to be actioned… 

Until then, I’m going to continue adding all of the things to my Zara Home basket. 

Hope everyone has had a great weekend!

P.S. As some of you may know, I've been coerced into signing up for Snapchat by Stacey from Expat Make Up Addict. I say it like it's a bad thing. It's not. I'm officially hooked. As I'm monumentally useless at promoting my social media, *slaps blogging wrists* I decided to shamelessly plug myself right here, effortlesslyexc add me Snapchatting folks and I suppose whilst we're at it, you'd better go and add Stacey (stadybelle) too as she's the reason I'm spending most of my day watching people walk to the bus stop! 

Any fellow Snapchatters here? Leave me your usernames so I can stalk you accordingly. 

Much love. 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig