Thursday 1 October 2015

Lip Plumping Without Injections?

I've always had a pretty regular relationship with my lips. Would I like them to be a little plumper? Yes, probably. Would I like them to be a little less wonky and uneven? Absolutely! But would I go as far as letting someone stick a needle in my face to achieve all of this? I'm not really sure. Needles just aren't my jam, and whilst I'm pretty okay with what mother nature gave me in the ol' lip department, I still feel a flicker of intrigue whenever I see a lip plumping product make its way onto the market. 

Lip Plumping Without Injections, Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker XL Extreme Plump Lip Shine Review

I'm not stating that this is a new product by any means, but it did only make its way into my stash a couple of months ago. Visiting the UK means a number of things to me, catching up with family and friends and shopping at Boots! When I spotted the Sexy Mother Pucker XL Extreme-Plump Collagen Lip Shine from Soap & Glory, I knew I needed to try it out. 

The gloss comes in two shades, clear, (the one that I went for) and nude. It contains natural plant oils that are said to leave lips feeling plump and looking much fuller after one slick coating. But does it really work?

In a word, (or two) - not really. 

This gloss is one thing... extreme. Extreme in the sense that it tingles... a lot! It's borderline uncomfortable, and whilst this would be a small price to pay if this product delivered, I can't say I was blown away by the results. My lips felt a little numb, and were visibly pinker in colour. If there was any, 'plumping' it wasn't noticeable enough for me to be like, 'holy shitballs!' And when it feels like your lips are being stung by thousands of microscopic bees, I want more than just a flushed lip. 

On the up side, I do like the chocolatey scent and this gloss applies smoothly. It's non-sticky and as far as glosses go, I do actually like it - if you take away the pain aspect. It's just a shame it didn't deliver me beautifully, luscious lips on a platter. I'm not asking for much guys. 

All in all, it's a dud for me. I'll just stick to over lining my lips and pouting... a girl's gotta do... 

Have you tried any, 'Lip Plumping' miracle products, both good and bad? Would you ever consider fillers?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig