Friday 16 October 2015

Home Inspiration

With any move, comes the opportunity to reorganise and refresh your life... (as well as your furniture) and, despite the fact that we haven't even begun to view apartments yet, I already have several Pinterest boards dedicated to every room of my imaginary apartment. 

Some may say I have too much time on my hands. I just claim to love me some home decor!



I know, I know... Every man and his dog seems to be into the whole, 'Scandinavian Chic' vibe right now, me included. I've always been a fan of clean, white spaces - Our bedroom in Finland was so bright, it was my favourite room in the apartment. I find the key to making this style work for an actual human is to include plenty of soft furnishings to make everything feel much more cosy. 

Anyway, rambles over... Here's what I picked out, (and I say 'I' because we all know that Scott has played no part whatsoever in deciding how we will live!):

  • Diamond Cushion - Loving the geometric patterns. I'd mix them up with a variety of plain and patterned cushions in similar colours. 

  • Reindeer Throw Image (via Pinterest) - I know this may not be everyone's cup of tea but Scott and I have a reindeer hide as a memento from our visit to, (almost) Lapland. I was very conscious of it being ethically sourced and due to the fact that reindeer is commonly eaten in Finland, the hides are basically a by-product of the meat industry. Anyway, we'd been wondering how to display it in our home and I'm really keen on the idea of draping it over a bench like the image suggests. I found a perfect Wooden Bench from IKEA. 

  • Towels - Essential items. Cream/white towels are a must. We have vouchers gifted to us from our wedding and engagement so we're going to buy a whole set of super soft M&S towels! 

  • White Wooden Ladder - Another Pinterest fave. I'm sure we've all seen the fairy lights on the ol' ladder. Yep, this set up for the bedroom please. 

  • H&M Home have some seriously amazeballs home decor bits and bobs. The Concrete Candles are such a bargain and I think that the Glass Storage Box would be a lovely way to store bath products such as soap and Lush goodies. 

  • How cosy does this Faux Fur Throw from BHS look? I forgot how chilly it can get living with air conditioning so this would be perfect for curling up with on the sofa. 

  • Last but not least, White Bed Sheets. Yes, they're a pain to keep pristine - hello mascara-stained pillows! - but I'm all about the white sheet life. I'm loving the silver/grey touches to this set and will definitely be going for something similar once we get settled in... (and buy a bed of course!)

Let me know your thoughts on cosy minimal, home decor - are you a fan? Where are your favourite places to shop for homeware?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig