Wednesday 11 November 2015

Buying Recently

Please excuse the completely uninspiring photography. As the majority of my worldly possessions are currently floating somewhere across the Atlantic Ocean, (yes, I had to consult a map) I'm somewhat limited to things that I can get my hands on in the hotel. 

White towel backdrops anyone?

Today's post is going to be looking at a whole bunch of stuff I bought recently. Some good, some not so good. Let's jump right in shall we?

Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue, Burt's Bees Lip Balm, Scotch Tape, Florence & Fred Trousers

Okay, confession. Remember this post, slating the Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue

Ermm, well...

Hands up. I really didn't rate this stuff when I first bought it and it sat, gathering dust in my drawer for a few months. It wasn't until I went on holiday, that I gave it another chance and found that I actually quite like it. 

Yes, I still deem it to be unremarkable. It doesn't make me look like Beyonce and it's still a diva when used over any skincare products, but it's perfect for the days when I really can't be bothered doing much with my face. I think the fact that my skin is fairly tanned at the moment, helps also.

Next, is the Burt's Bees Honey Lip Balm

This is the first Burt's Bees product that I've tried and it's safe to say, I'm not impressed. Applying this balm is like trying to rub marble into concrete. Impossible. It's so waxy that it feels more like a Crayola crayon than anything that is going to soothe my dry lips. Don't even get me started on the scent!

Scotch tape

Anyone who watches Jaclyn Hill's make up tutorials will get where I'm coming from with this one. I have yet to try out the Scotch tape method of eye shadow application, but I have high hopes. Anything that is good for JH, is good enough for me. 

Last, but by no means least, we have the trousers that I've been living in for the past few weeks! 

URGH...

Guys... If you need a pair of comfy trews, go to Tesco and buy these Florence & Fred skinnies. Now. 

Technically a jean, they feel much comfier and more like chinos to me. I love everything about them from the colour to the fit, to how bloody soft they feel! I bought them from the Florence & Fred store in Abu Dhabi but I think these are the same style, the zips just look a little more gold.  

They've been the only thing tearing me away from my Topshop skinnies, so you know it's serious.

Have you been buying anything recently, good or bad? 

'Fess up!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig