Sunday 22 November 2015

Bars, Brunch ETC.

I learnt two things this weekend.

1. I have the upper body strength of a ball of wool... and 

2. I'm too old to go out drinking two nights in a row.

Yas Beach Bar Abu Dhabi

Let's start from the top.

So, if you follow me on Twitter, you may have seen me bleating about the fact that Scott and I had an intense work out session with our new, personal trainer. I'm not one for exercise, unless you consider a walk around the shopping mall, a workout. 

I'm also not one for talking about working out. If I ever take a picture of myself on gym equipment, feel free to roll your eyes in disgust and unfriend me. 

No, the only reason I'm sitting here talking about it today is because I'm 90% sure that the PT tried to kill me. Really. And although I fared slightly better than my husband, (who had his head down the toilet, retching after ten minutes) I've been left completely and utterly crippled with muscular pain and the inability to raise my arms high enough to wash my hair.  

Even my armpits ache.

On Thursday evening, Scott and I were invited to the launch party of a new bar at Yas Beach



We had a great evening, relaxing in the comfy, pool-side seats and chatting away to other people. The atmosphere was spot on and we've already decided that we'll be back again soon! 

Not to mention that they had dancing jellyfish... what more could you want?

On Friday, Scott and I headed to brunch at the Westin Hotel Golf Resort and Spa with one of Scott's work colleagues and his lovely partner. 

For those who are unfamiliar with a Middle Eastern 'Brunch', it basically comprises of all you can eat/drink food and alcohol, spread out over the space of an entire afternoon. They have a reputation of being pretty messy, as you can imagine!


The setting at the Westin was brilliant! The food was delicious, the cocktails free-flowing and the chill out spot on the lawn for the post-brunch after party was the perfect transition from day to night. 

We ended our evening at the Skylite bar in the Viceroy Hotel on Yas Island which is an old favourite from a past visit to Abu Dhabi. 

After several gin teacups and too much shisha, I woke up on Saturday morning feeling like I'd been floored by a large bus. Still largely in part also to the fact that my muscles have taken some kind of unpaid vacation. 



Also, random side note, but I did receive an email to say that my Makeup Geek order would be delivered today. Who else is excited? 

It's times like this when the struggle of being a blogger means that I wont be able to rip open the packaging and start using them immediately. #FirstWorldProblems

Anyway, keep an eye out on Instagram as I'll be posting a preview as soon as they land on my doorstep!

Did anyone get up to anything fun this weekend? Have you started your Christmas shopping yet? I ordered a few bits the other day but I really need to step up my game.

Also, Christmas jingles... Are we listening to them yet?

Happy Sunday guys!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig