Tuesday 3 November 2015

The Cheap As Chips Shimmer Brick

Hold onto your knickers... 

When Bobbi Brown came out with their Shimmer Bricks, I was on the fence. 

Yes, really. 

The concept intrigued me but after swatching myself into a Christmas bauble, I decided they were too glittery for my liking. The bronzing shades especially, and whilst my inner magpie was screaming at me to make a purchase, I knew that they would ultimately end up gathering dust in my make up drawers.

So, when I spotted a promotion on Seventeen products whilst I was back in the UK over the Summer, I impulsively picked up this:

The Cheap As Chips Shimmer Brick, Seventeen Shimmer Brick Review and Swatches

The Instant Glow Shimmer Brick in Gold Bronze. 

I don't even remember swatching it. I think my thought process went something along the lines of, 'What can I try from this brand? Oh, I'm going on holiday soon... Shimmer Brick it is!' 

And I was right...  

Seventeen's Shimmer Brick dupe was the perfect pre-holiday purchase. 

The golden bronze shade teams perfectly with a tan. It's definitely shimmery, and you'll want to keep this higher up your face - on the cheekbones. Think of it more as a bronzed highlight. 

Whilst it swatches beautifully and looks like a very subtle, bronze sheen, a step out into natural sunlight wearing this does give you a touch of the Twilight, sparkly vampire. Typically, I don't dig this look, (hence my feelings towards Bobbi Brown's offerings) but it's somewhat acceptable when you're lazing around a pool, cocktail in hand.  

The Cheap As Chips Shimmer Brick, Seventeen Shimmer Brick Review and Swatches


Another reason it makes for a great holiday purchase is that the four Shimmer Brick shades work wonderfully as eye shadows, too. With suitcase space at a premium, any product that can multi-task gets a thumbs up from me. 

Would I use the Seventeen Shimmer Brick often? No, probably not, but it's inexpensive enough that I don't mind. I definitely think it's one of those that I'll bust out now and again when I'm feeling Summery. For me, I wouldn't waste my money on a high end, bronzing Shimmer Brick, but for a cheap as chips offering for the occasional glitter-dabbler, Seventeen have you covered. 

What are your thoughts on Shimmer Bricks? Do you own any of the Bobbi Brown Bricks or do you have an affordable, high street dupe? I'd love to hear your thoughts. 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig