Friday 13 November 2015

Shopping My Stash

If there's one thing that I didn't pack up to be shipped during our move, it's my make up. I didn't trust the process. Whilst I was happy for photo frames and Tupperware to be placed in the hands of the removal guys, I wasn't about to hand over my MAC lipstick collection or my carefully curated stash of peach blusher. 

Priorities!

So, inconvenient or not, I hauled the damn lot with me. 

If my husband is reading this, can we please pretend that the extra case was for essential items? 

Anyway, as I am lacking drawers to tuck it all away into to forget about, I've found that I've been dipping into my stash and using products that I'd otherwise forgotten about. If there's ever a silver lining to hotel living, this is it guys. 

Shopping My Stash - Beauty Products

MAC Mineralize Moisture SPF 15 Foundation - This is an oldie but a goodie. At shade NW25, it's currently a smidge too dark for my skin tone so I've been mixing it with a lighter foundation. It gives a medium coverage with a satin to dewy finish. It isn't cakey and is comfortable to wear. I do tend to go quite light with this but you can build it up for days when you need all the coverage!

Chanel Tisse Rivoli Les 4 Ombres Eye Shadow Quad - I find one of the easiest things to fall into a rut with is eye shadow. I have been living with and loving my Inglot palette but I dug this out a couple of weeks ago and I've rediscovered my love for these shades. They're easy to work with and the lighter, rose gold shade is a great, one wash wonder for minimal fuss days! 

MAC Velvet Teddy Matte Lipstick - Are we over the hype on this one yet? I embarked on a month-long hunt to find this lipstick and wore it to death once I'd finally managed to get my mitts on it, but since then it's been gathering dust. My feelings for this lipstick are still pleasant ones. It's an easy shade to wear and looks good with pretty much anything. You can't beat a good nude. 

Maybelline Color Drama Lip Pencil in shade In With Coral - Okay guys, hands up, this isn't very season-appropriate but the sun is shining in Abu Dhabi and I'm going to make the most of it. This is a definite, 'pick me up' shade and I could go on about the quality of these products for days. 

Have you shopped your stash recently and did you find any ol' faithful products whilst you were at it? Have you bought any products impulsively that are now gathering dust in your make up drawers? Spill the beans!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig