Monday 9 November 2015

Weekend ETC.

Five hours is a long time to spend in a car.

I know this from the recent car trip that Scott and I took to renew my visa. We made it out alive, just, but a journey like this typically ends in one or more of us exploring selective mute-ism. Usually me. I have a short bullshit tolerance which is dramatically reduced when long periods of sitting and/or lack of food is involved. 

I'm a delight, really. 


I cheated. This is a picture from Finland. I was nowhere near perky enough to photograph my shoes, looking all Instagram-worthy. 

So, we should have been in our new apartment this weekend. No surprises that I'm currently sitting in another hotel, slowly losing the will to live. All I can scream is red tape. Damn you red tape! The ball is rolling though and I'm praying we'll be in by the end of the working week, (Thursday) if not, someone is going to lose an eye. Probably me. I'll have clawed it out through sheer frustration. 

No, it isn't going to be all doom and gloom around here this afternoon. On Friday, Scott and I went out for dinner, cocktails and shisha at the gorgeous Rosewood hotel. 

It's a place we'd been eyeing up since we arrived in Abu Dhabi and so I'm glad we peeled ourselves off the couch to pay it a visit. You older kids know how it is... prying me out of my pjs is no easy task!

Rosewood Hotel Abu Dhabi
Rosewood Hotel Abu Dhabi
Rosewood Hotel Abu Dhabi

Trying to see who can do the best Santa impression!

As per, our weekend saw us hitting the shops to buy a whole bunch of grown up things for our apartment. We are now the proud owners of a kitchen. Well, specifically a fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher and oven. I feel like I've got this, 'adulting' thing down to a tee. 

We also hit IKEA last night and for the first time in history, it was actually an enjoyable experience. IKEA and I don't usually get along. The forced walk through the showroom, elbowing your way through shoppers and cushions, plus the queues... I'm having palpitations just thinking about it. No, this time was surprisingly calm - and quiet, which is something I'd never associate with an IKEA evening.

We even qualified for free delivery and a cheap as chips option for someone to find, deliver and install our furniture for us! Maybe IKEA and I can be friends after all?

Did anyone get up to anything fun this weekend?  
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig