Sunday 29 November 2015

Makeup Geek

Yes, it's another Makeup Geek post!

Are we sick of them yet?

Since Beauty Bay launched Makeup Geek eye shadows on their website, the UK bloggersphere has gone a little nuts for their much raved about eye shadows, with many of the shades being a complete sell out. 

As I was ordering from the US, I decided to go all out and pick up 12 eye shadow shades and 3 large Z Palettes to house all of my current, single-pan shadows. 

Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Swatches and Review
Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Swatches and Review
Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Swatches and Review

From Left to Right:

Corrupt, Cocoa Bear, Frappe, Creme Brulee, Peach Smoothie, Chickadee and Shimma Shimma

Makeup Geek Eyeshadow Swatches and Review

From Left to Right:

Burlesque, Bitten, Cosmopolitan, Prom Night and Envy.


Quite predictably, I opted for mostly neutral shades with a few others thrown in for good measure. I'd heard a lot about these in terms of pigmentation, but HOLY MOLY - you get a lot of bang for your buck!

They're very finely milled, soft and yes... buttery! The shimmer shades, (Shimma Shimma, Cosmopolitan and Prom Night) hold the better formula in my personal opinion. They lean almost towards being a cream shadow, with your finger sinking into the pan if you go in with a heavy hand. Plus, they apply like a dream. 

The matte shades do kick up a bit in the pan, especially when I go in with my Sigma blending brush but trust me when I say, you only need the lightest of taps to pick up a tonne of colour. 

As for the Z Palettes, I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking to house their single shadows in a lightweight but secure, magnetic palette. They're perfect for travel and the large, clear windows are great for quickly identifying what's in your stash. 

Did anyone else place a Makeup Geek order recently or are you planning on picking up some shades soon?

Let me know what you think in the comments below.


P.S. I'm working on a comparison post, looking at Inglot and Makeup Geek eye shadows, where I'll be talking about which brand is my favourite and which I'd recommend if you're looking to build your own, customisable eye shadow palette. 

Watch this space!


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig