Tuesday 10 November 2015

Too Much Toner?

I went a bit OTT on toner products.

For the Snapchat inclined amongst us, you may have seen me complaining about the current state of my skin, recently. Whether it's the effect of changing climates, stress or the dreaded air conditioning, my skin has been paying the ultimate price.

Hello pimples!

The Body Shop Vitamin E Toner, Lush Tea Tree Toner Water

When it comes to toners, I've never really been convinced of their purpose. Are they a necessity or are they just another skincare, non-essential to fritter away money on?

When I ran out of my Body Shop Pomegranate Invigorating Toner, I knew I wanted to repurchase. Largely because I like the scent. Groundbreaking. But, The Body Shop had other plans, and due to the fact that they didn't stock the pomegranate, I ended up with the Vitamin E Hydrating Toner instead. 

...and I think I prefer it. 

Firstly, it smells SO good. Like baby lotion. It screams, 'gentle' with its soft pink packaging and alcohol-free liquid, infused with vitamin E. I've never been one for harsh toners, you know, the kind that smell like they could strip the paint off your walls? This is so pleasant to use. The liquid is quite viscous. It pours like an oil, but it isn't greasy at all. 

I've been pairing it with the Tea Tree Toner Water from Lush. 

The Body Shop Vitamin E Toner, Lush Tea Tree Toner Water

Feel free to educate me on the pros/cons of double toning. Am I being ridiculous?

Tea Tree speaks to me whenever my skin is needing some TLC. With its spot-fighting properties, I hoped it would help to clear up my pimple-fest. 

Which it did... OVERNIGHT!

Okay I know, it could be total coincidence that my skin made a miraculous recovery over the course of one night, but a few spritzes of this makes my face very happy indeed. It drinks the stuff up. 

Together, these toners may seem unnecessary. My pimples may return in force after a weekend off, but for now, I'm thoroughly sold on both of these products... at the same time... all over me. 

Have you tried either of these toning products and also, what are your thoughts on toners in general? Love em or not?
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig