Tuesday 17 November 2015

I'm Still Here

So, it would appear I've been on a short, blogging hiatus. 

I didn't plan on not blogging but current events have left me feeling somewhat uninspired and unmotivated to sit down at my laptop and create anything positive. On top of which, Scott and I received some tragic news yesterday about one of his work colleagues. 

The saying that life is precious has never felt more fitting.

Today, I've armed myself with a gallon of tea and I'm ready to tackle the blank pages. The last few days have been busy ones so let's jump right in shall we?


Scott and I moved into our new apartment on Thursday and whilst it was somewhat stressful, I have loved every minute of living here so far. Well, if you excuse the string of work and delivery men we've had streaming through the door!

On Friday, we headed over to Dubai to meet our good friends who were visiting from Doha. It was the first time we got to meet their gorgeous baby girl and have a long overdue catch up. I hadn't realised how much I'd missed spending time with them until they had to leave to catch their flight. It was a great day, although I'm pretty sure Scott will never be the same after hearing about their childbirth experience! 

Yesterday, Scott and I had our first session with a personal trainer. Scott has had a trainer before but I'm a total noob. 

The guy came to our apartment to test our fitness levels and talk through what we are hoping to achieve from our sessions. It was really motivating and I'm really looking forward to getting in shape. Since we got married, Scott and I have had such a lax attitude to exercise that starting over is a welcome relief. 

We have our first, proper work out session on Thursday though so I may feel differently in two day's time! 

Let me know what you've been up to in the section below. I always love reading your comments!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig