Friday 5 June 2015

Clarins Lip Balm - Is it love?

Remember this post, where I reviewed the Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfector and claimed that I probably wouldn't repurchase? Well, I sort of lied. 

Okay, hear me out. Technically, I was being honest. I wouldn't repurchase the squeezy tube gloss, but the Clarins Instant Light Lip Balm Perfector , now that's a whole different story!

Clarins Instant Light Lip Balm Perfector, Clarins Lip Balm review, Clarins Instant Light review, Clarins lipstick, Clarins Instant Light Balm review

Clarins Instant Light Lip Balm Perfector, Clarins Lip Balm review, Clarins Instant Light review, Clarins lipstick, Clarins Instant Light Balm review, HM ring, H&M ring,

Clarins Instant Light Lip Balm Perfector, Clarins Lip Balm review, Clarins Instant Light review, Clarins lipstick, Clarins Instant Light Balm review, HM ring, H&M ring,
Sausage Fingers R' Us

I wasn't interested in these for a long time. They felt a little pricey for what is essentially a lip balm and swatching them in store was uninspiring. Then I had a really shitty day and decided I needed new things; however I also remembered that I live in Finland and shopping is easier said than done. After a mind-numbing trek around the world's smallest shopping centre, I walked away with a gorgeous ring from H&M and the Clarins balm in shade 05, Red. 

After photographing my bounty, (as is the blogger law) I slapped the balm on my lips and that was the end of my life as I knew it. My thoughts went a little like...

This shit is amazing!

And then I ran back to buy shade 03, My Pink which has a reactive formula that adapts to the colour of your natural lips. I also fully intend to purchase shade 01, Rose too. I'm on a roll. 

The scent is to die for, sweet and delicious. The balm is creamy and applies well. In terms of colour, they're not the most pigmented products out there. 05, Red gives a lovely pop of colour and is the most noticeable. I LOVE the way it looks on. It's semi-sheer but gives lips that 'bitten' look. Okay, I don't actually know if that's a, 'look' but you know when you scrub your lips and they go all plump and red? - That! 

The tint lasts even after the moisture of the balm fades and I have been wearing it non-stop since I bought it. 03, My Pink isn't groundbreaking but it sort of tingles a bit on, and does give a natural, hydrated look to the lips. If you're on a budget, I'd skip My Pink as it's probably not worth the price tag for what you get, splash on the standard shades instead. You'll get your money's worth. 

Have you tried the Clarins Instant Light Lip Balm Perfectors? What are your thoughts? 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig