Monday 15 June 2015

Catch Up

It's been a while since we had a good natter on here so I thought I'd fill you in on life lately. I'm currently recovering from a two-day hangover which isn't the best start to my week. Today kicked off in the most unpleasant way. My doorbell chiming out at 8:30am with a parcel from the post lady, who insists on speaking to me in Finnish every time I see her. Sidenote: I'm also partially dressed and just out of bed every time I see her so she probably thinks I'm an idiot. Rude awakening aside, the delivery was an exciting one. Ladies and gentlemen, we finally have bridesmaid dresses for my wedding. Hoo-rah! I won't get into the details again about why five dresses almost ruined my life, but it's safe to say that I'm pleased with what we've finally got. 

BBQ location
On Saturday, Scott and I had a BBQ at the beach with friends. I was optimistic about the sunny weather and decided to throw on a dress. I'm just going to say that at one point I did end up wearing two jumpers and feigned slight interest in 'cooking' to steal some of the BBQ warmth. I also managed to find some white trainers on Saturday! Yes, it really was that difficult as everywhere seems to be inundated with bright, fluro styles but I'm pleased with these Nike beauties that I picked up. They matched perfectly with my denim shirt dress and I'm positive these are going to become a staple in my Summer wardrobe. Plus, they're soooo comfy! 

New Shoesies
Saturday evening escalated quickly with Scott and I nipping to the pub for a quick drink once we were home from the beach and ending in us participating in a mosh pit and hitting the club at some ungodly hour. I don't remember much; however I woke up with a full face of slap, *face palm* and a serious headache. On the bright side, I did manage to stick, (somewhat) to my healthy eating plan and didn't order myself any takeaway whatsoever en route home. Is it time I created myself a healthy eating account on Instagram or should I wait until I've learnt what quinoa is? 

How every power walk should end...
Last week, our wedding invitations went out and both Scott and I could breathe a huge sigh of relief. I'll be honest, designing and making our invitations was probably one of the most difficult challenges we've ever faced in our relationship. After what felt like the millionth time Scott loaded an envelope into the printer the wrong way around, I was feeling less than pleasant. I'm pretty sure we hated each other for an entire week. True love, eh! We did save ourselves a small fortune doing the invites ourselves but we probably spent the difference in gin as a result. 

I'm going to end with a sort of apology as I haven't been completely on the ball with blogging lately. With just under 11 weeks to go until the big day, stress levels and panic related hissy fits have increased in frequency and intensity. I've been behaving like a mad woman which is probably really reassuring for Scott but hey, at least he'll be going into this with his eyes wide open. I have been trying to keep up with reading and commenting on posts as well as trying to stay active on Twitter but I know I've been dragging my arse, so for that, I apologise. I can't even remember the last blog chat I made it to but rest assured, I'll be putting in as much effort as I can over the next few weeks. 

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Let me know what you got up to. 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig