Tuesday 30 June 2015

The Max Factor Blush That Everyone Loves

Okay guys, I'm a little late to the party with this one so feel free to roll your eyes at yet another Max Factor Creme Puff Blush review.  I've had these sitting in my stash for a few weeks, after picking them up in Helsinki, so I felt it was about time I shared my thoughts on them with you. 

They have been raved about by every blusher brush wielding, make up fiend - but are they really worth the hype?

Max Factor Creme Puff Blush, Max Factor Creme Puff Blush review, Max Factor Creme Puff Blush review and swatches

Max Factor Creme Puff Blush, Max Factor Creme Puff Blush review, Max Factor Creme Puff Blush review and swatches

In a word - Yes!

They've been dubbed as Hourglass blusher dupes; and whilst I can't vouch for that, I can say that they are a mere fraction of the cost and appear to do a pretty similar job. 

The shades I picked up are 5, Lovely Pink and 25, Alluring Rose. Alluring Rose is perhaps a smidge dark for my current skin tone but with a tan, it will really enhance a bronzed glow. Lovely Pink is just that, a really soft, sugary pink that gives a nice flush to the cheeks. It's my favourite of the two and the one I seem to be reaching for more often than not. 

Max Factor Creme Puff Blush, Max Factor Creme Puff Blush review, Max Factor Creme Puff Blush review and swatches
Lovely Pink (left) Alluring Rose (right)
When these originally popped on the scene, I thought they were cream-based blushers, hence the 'Creme Puff' name, but don't be fooled. They're all powder with multi-tonal swirls of colour. They're shimmery but not overly so, instead giving a soft, sheen rather than a BAM, in your face sparkle! 

Would I recommend them to a friend? Absolutely! They're a fabulous addition to the drug store ranges and one product that is definitely worthy of all the fuss. 

Have you tried any of the Creme Puff blushers? What are your thoughts?

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig