Monday 8 December 2014

I'm all in...


Does anyone else ever question their approach to life after an entire weekend of binge watching a TV series on Netflix? I know it's somewhat of a cliche. I mean, what is Netflix for, if not for wasting away vast quantities of time on questionable content? However I've come to realise that it's not just Netflix that ropes me in harder than an ASOS discount code. I'm the kind of girl that either jumps in feet first or doesn't give something a second glance. I've never really been one to dip my toes in the water and perhaps that's why I end up in situations such as this, where I'm pretty sure my eyes will call it quits on me if I so much as hover my fingers over the TV, 'on' switch. 

I have a similar ethos towards food. The good intentions are in there somewhere trying desperately to be heard, but more often than not I'm too busy silencing her with chocolate or biscuits because you know, there's no such thing as just having one. I don't even want to comment on how I deal with conflict. Let's just say that I'm pretty much the crazy cop that goes in guns blazing before eventually figuring out that he's got the wrong guy - and yes, that's a reference to the TV series I've been binging on. I'm starting to wonder if I should be concerned. 

When it comes to being all in, there is one exception to this rule and it takes the shape of a crochet blanket. I say blanket... Started some time in April; although there's every chance it could be earlier, it was going to be my Winter warmer, to be passed down through generations of family if I ever manage to pull myself away from Netflix for long enough to produce offspring. The fact of the matter is that it's about as much a blanket as I am, which is kind of a weird statement re-reading this but I'm going to go with it. 

So here's the part where I make a statement that I'm probably not going to live up to, but I'm going to make it anyway. I WILL finish this blanket before Christmas 2015 and whilst yes, you may think that's a very long time away, I'm already having palpitations over the fact that I need to grab that needle and get cracking.

Wish me luck!
Share:

8 comments

  1. Well done for even attempting to crochet! I have neither the time nor the patience I would think it requires. You should post a picture of it when it's done. Better yet, if you really want to hold yourself to the Christmas 2015 due date, you should post monthly update photos. Lol.

    Have a great week!

    V
    Life+1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, knowing me, my monthly updates would be the same picture for 11 months and then 1 month of panic crocheting pictures. It was never something that I would have tried myself but when I moved to Finland, I met a lovely lady who showed me how to, just for fun and I kinda stuck with it. I have to do it in small sittings though as I have zero patience too! xxx

      Delete
  2. You've literally just described me in two paragraphs. Ii am useless at fiddly things so I'd never be able to crochet but good for you! It's a lovely idea to have it as an heirloom to pass down. I look forward to seeing the finished piece ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You might be waiting a long time Ami... Haha! Fingers crossed though eh! xxx

      Delete
  3. Goodluck. Me around any type of needle is not a good thing. I think someone tried to show me how to crochet once but it didn't get any further than just being shown. :-)

    Beauty Isles | Blogiversary International Giveaway: Too Faced, LORAC and NYX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is tricky to learn but once you get the hang of it, it's not that bad... Mind you, I'm working with the most basic pattern ever haha! xxx

      Delete
  4. I liked this post, it reminded me of myself haha. Especially the food bit, vow to be healthy then have a pizza! x

    tmzn loves | beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always time for pizza! Thanks Tamzin xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig