Wednesday 17 December 2014

Pastel Home Inspiration - For Grown Ups


Am I the only one that gets a little bit carried away browsing interior style accounts on Instagram? I'm going to hazard a guess that I'm not alone. Wave your hands if you're guilty. 

When it comes to my home style, I'd say I'm a bit of a fan of light, bright and airy; and by, 'bit of a fan' I mean I'd probably buy a T-Shirt with said slogan emblazoned across it if it wasn't for fear of people assuming it was a statement about myself. I'm inclined to think that 'airy' isn't entirely a compliment. Anyhow, white is my home boy, we go way back to the days where painting my nails with Tippex was my jam. To this day, I love nothing more than fresh, white painted walls. Well, probably not as much as I love chocolate but you know what I'm saying. 

As much as I love a clean, white finish, it's important that you have something to break up the harshness. Pastel shades work wonderfully to inject a splash of colour onto your blank canvas and done correctly, it can work beautifully. Kids, step aside because here are some grown-up tips on how to incorporate pretty pastels into your home.


Cushions





123
Going over board on the pastel decor is a sure fire way of making your home look like it has been decorated with childish hands. Pick out a few, key pieces and make them the focal point of your room. 

Pastel Home




If you don't want to invest in a large piece of furniture, you can add a splash of colour to a room by opting for coloured blinds or curtains. VELUX offer a whole range of coloured blinds, ranging from pretty blue hues to pastel pinks - oo-er! 


Another way to inject some pastel prettiness into your home is to do so via some good, old paint. Forget dousing your entire room in a coating of lemon yellow, and instead, pick out a feature wall or accents to highlight with your colour of choice for a more, 'grown-up' feel. Check out these following pictures for some inspiration. 




source
source
source
Finally, if you don't want to commit to any big changes or if you're on a budget, you can give any room a pastel makeover by adding small, pastel touches through decor such as candles, a throw, flowers, artwork - you can even have a go at painting a piece yourself!

Finishing Touches



What are your thoughts on incorporating pastel colours into a grown-up space, would you give it a try?
Share:

2 comments

  1. Ahhh a girl after my own heart! I love EVERYTHING here haha :D
    Especially the turquoise sofa! Beautiful.
    I hope to decorate my place filled with pastel beauties one day!

    Jemma xx
    www.dorkface.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of a more sophisticated version of the 80's colour scheme. :-) I remember a lot of pink walls everywhere. :-)

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig