Wednesday 3 December 2014

Take a peek at my tree...


If there's one thing that's always a big occasion in my home, it's putting the Christmas tree up. For the past two Christmases, Scott and I had to make do with a fake tree as the festive firs were few and far between in the Middle East. So this year we wanted to go all out and get a real tree and seeing as we now live in Finland, it shouldn't be too hard right... right? Wrong. Apparently the Finns don't put their trees up until minutes before actual Christmas which typically they celebrate on the 24th. Festivities include baking a ham, dishing out presents and drinking Glogi. Anyway, I digress. Due to the fact that traditionally, trees go up a day or two before Christmas, getting your hands on a real tree in Finland is easier said than done. Thankfully one of Scott's colleagues managed to snap us one up from her family tree farm, (yes, I'm sure it has a proper name) and so thankfully, we are now with tree!

So here are a few pictorials as a little, Chrispo, (Christmas Inspo.) post. 








What do you think? Okay, granted, it looks like it could do with a meal or six; however personally I thinks it's quite cute and quirky. Plus we all know Christmas trees look waaay better in the flesh. We opted for a simple white and silver theme this year and because I like to think I'm some kind of artiste, I fake snowed the hell out of it. Here's to hoping it doesn't shed its entire set of needles overnight in protest! 

Have you got your Christmas tree up yet and what colour scheme do you have/are you planning to have?
Share:

16 comments

  1. Real trees are never going to compete with fake trees in how they look as they just aren't picture perfect, but in my opinion they are so much better regardless as they just smell amazing. You decorated yours so nicely. Glad to see it's not dead after your photo on Instagram :D

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I completely agree Alina, real trees win hands down every time! xxx

      Delete
  2. I agree! A very cute quirky tree. A very Finnish tree. :o)

    But seriously, I need to know what Glogi is!

    V
    LIfe+1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... Ahh Glogi! It's very much like mulled wine :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Aww this makes me feel super festive! I do prefer real trees over fake I think they add more to the Christmas atmosphere, especially as they smell so nice :)

    Elle x
    Notes of Petranella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely... I love a real tree! Glad you enjoyed the post Elle xxx

      Delete
  4. What a magical little tree! I had no idea that Finnland celebrated like that! It's even different in Holland, which isn't too far off from Finland in the grand-scheme of things, haha! You really made a beautiful tree for your Christmas. I can't wait until we put up our tree, now!

    Much Love,
    -Stephanie Eva
    www.stephanieheva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie. I love that each country has its own quirky traditions and it's so much fun hearing how other people celebrate xxx

      Delete
  5. Eeep your tree looks so lovely! I didn't realise they didn't put trees up until a lot closer to Christmas Day over there, how interesting :)

    Style Sunrise ☀

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Kimmy. When are you planning on putting your tree up? xxx

      Delete
  7. Your tree looks amazing! I'm going to put my white fake tree up next week with some gold and red decorations :)x

    My life as Anu | bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, sounds very festive! You'll have to upload some pictures when you're done! xxx

      Delete
  8. Your tree is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig