Monday 22 December 2014

New Products - MAC




No trip to Helsinki would be complete without a visit to Stockmann to pick up one or two beauty items. If you caught my recent post on visiting Helsinki's Christmas markets, you will have read that I'd picked up some MAC goodies along with a couple of other things. 

I did a bit of research online before heading there and I'd compiled a list of lipstick shades that I was dying to sample. One shade that I absolutely fell for was Mehr and I was gutted to find that it was out of stock. Despite that, I still picked up a Lustre lipstick in the shade Lipblossum which is a sugary pink, totally not appropriate for Winter shade.




The formula is creamy and comfortable to wear. It has a subtle shimmer which gives it an almost frosted finish and the coverage is somewhere in the middle - it doesn't give a full coverage, but it isn't super sheer either. I'd describe this as one of those, 'nice' shades, it's not going to make anyone go wow, but it's pretty and great to wear when you're wanting to tone your makeup down or if you're focusing on a more dramatic eye look. I'm still pining after Mehr though. That will definitely be my next MAC lip purchase. 


Next up we have the Eye Kohl in Teddy and my most definite favourite purchase of the two. I had recently bought a shimmery, brown eye pencil from Makeup Revolution (All Day All Night in Chaneling My Inner) and I was seriously rating it until the packaging snapped and rendered it useless. Instantly I needed a replacement and this eye pencil from MAC is so similar, I had to take it away with me. Here's the swatch:


It's a smooth, chocolatey shade with a bronze shimmer to it and it is seriously gorgeous! I have all but ditched my black eye kohl and replaced it with this. It's extremely flattering. The pigmentation is excellent and I've been applying it to my lids, close to my lash line; and blending it outwards with a small brush. This one has definitely become a staple purchase for me and I will absolutely be buying it again when this one runs out. 

Have you picked up any products from MAC lately and if so, what did you take away with you? Are there any products that you would recommend?
Share:

10 comments

  1. The lipstick is such a pretty shade! x
    Emma | Emmys Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever heard of that lipstick shade before but wow it's gorgeous! I'll have to swatch it in store myself soon x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'd heard of it when I saw it in store... I guess it's not really a 'wow' shade so I assume it's maybe not as popular. It's a pretty shade though xxx

      Delete
  3. That lipstick shade is so pretty! I'd love to have it! x
    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried a MAC product before, but seeing this really makes me want to :)

    vvnightingale.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAC do some great products.. I think the first thing I ever tried from them was a lipstick and I've never looked back! I will forever repurchase this kohl eye pencil though... It's perfect! xxx

      Delete
  5. Lip Blossum looks perfect for year round, actually. :-) And I've been lusting after the Teddy liner myself. I'm hitting the MAC counter after Christmas (going to see if my bank account fattens after the 25th, lol)

    Beauty Isles | An Island Girl's Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha... I daren't look at anything finance related this festive season! The Teddy liner is well-worth a purchase, I've been using it almost daily and the lipstick is great for a low-key look. It's a lovely, sugary pink. xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig