Wednesday 10 December 2014

Chanel Tisse Rivoli Les 4 Ombres Eye Shadow Quad

Artificial light
Natural light

When it comes to perfume, I'm a Chanel girl through and through. I always have a bottle of Mademoiselle lurking around on my dresser and more recently, well, in the last 12 months or so, I've fallen head over heels for Chance Eau Fraiche. Though my love runs deep for Chanel's fragrances, I had never actually owned anything from their beauty range, (I know, shocker right?) that was until I picked up this exquisite eye shadow quad. 

Number 226 - Tisse Rivoli is a set of four, warm neutral shades. The shades are complimentary and consist of a rich, golden taupe, a light, gold toned shimmer, an almost rose gold/beige and a deeper taupe/brown.



As you may be able to see from the swatches, these shadows have a stunning shimmery, frosted finish - except the far right shade which is the more subtle of the four. The 3rd shade from the left can be used as a great every day shadow, whilst the 2nd from the left is perfect for highlighting. The darker brown toned shadows can be used to create a soft smoky eye or for adding a bit of depth as warm, crease shades. 

Putting the fact that these are utterly gorgeous shades to one side, I had high hopes and expectations with this quad as it isn't entirely purse friendly. Boy, I wasn't disappointed. I'm sitting here trying to conjure up more interesting adjectives and yet all I can seem to get out is that these are Ahhfrickinmazing. The pigmentation, colour payoff, application... everything. It's all seriously spot on. They're beautifully soft and blendable and when it comes to wear, you can wear these from the day, right through until the evening with hardly any loss of colour or creasing. Perfect!

Packaging wise, Chanel know exactly what they are doing. The palette is sleek and stylish with its monochrome design, and comes presented in a plush velvet pouch which made me feel a little bit fuzzy inside when I opened it. The compact also houses a full-size mirror which is handy if you're taking your Chanel out and about, or you know, if you just like to get real up close and personal whilst doing your eye make up. 

If truth be told, I do believe that these shades could be easily duped and I'm almost certain I have some shadows in my collection that are scarily alike, but if I'm being completely honest, it really doesn't bother me in the slightest. I love this quad and although I tend to save it more for evening wear/special occasions, it gives me a happy feeling each time I use it and that my friends is worth every damn penny! 

Do you own any of the Chanel Eye Shadow Quads or are there any products from the Chanel Beauty range that you can't live without?
Share:

11 comments

  1. I've had a blusher from them for like, 6 months and still not run out. You pay more but you get quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely... I always find that blushers last me ages though anyway. I've had one from MAC for well over a year. Thanks for commenting xxx

      Delete
  2. This eyeshadow quad is dreamy! I love the shades. They are exactly the type of colours I turn to on my everyday basis. Plus the packaging looks so luxurious. I don't own anything from Chanel yet but this is definitely something I'd love to add to my stash. :)

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful, isn't it!? It's definitely something worth investing in. xxx

      Delete
  3. I'm yet to experience the luxuries Chanel has on offer but this seem like a good place to start. What a gorgeous palette and such amazing pigmentation! I love it x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely. I sampled a Chanel foundation a couple of months ago and wasn't particularly blown away but this is great. Feels so luxurious xxx

      Delete
  4. What a gorgeous palette, the shades are beaut! I lovvee Chanel packaging

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Chanel packaging is so chic! Love it xxx

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous photos! This palette looks absolutely amazing! :D I love the colours and think I may need to go have a snoop around Chanel more haha! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tasha. I'm so glad with the choice I made. I was toying between this and the new highlighter but I'm so happy with my purchase. It's a stunning palette! xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig