Saturday 20 December 2014

My Current Skincare Favourite - Kiehl's Over Night Biological Peel





Skincare isn't something I often touch upon on my blog; although I'm not entirely sure why that is? I guess I feel somewhat a novice in that I don't have a plethora of pots and potions that I slather on my face each night. Mostly because I'm lazy when it comes to my night-time routine, and removing my make up/cleansing my skin is a chore in itself anyway. However... and it's a big however, I am currently obsessed with this product from Kiehl's. 

Titled, Over Night Biological Peel, it does sound a touch scary. A couple of months ago, I was researching over-the-counter chemical style peels and was interested to see how effective they were. In my digging, I came across a whole bunch of positive reviews for this particular product and knew immediately that I needed to get my hands on it. 

So what does it do?

It's an oil-free peel that gently exfoliates dead surface skin cells and other impurities, reducing the appearance of pores and leaving you with softer and more even looking skin; and honestly... It really does do what it says on the tin! You apply a small amount of the serum-like formula onto cleansed skin before bed, let it dry into the skin and wash your face with warm water in the morning. A little tip, I usually apply it about 30 minutes before I hit the hay as it does take a little while to soak into the skin and you don't want it rubbing off all over your sheets. It can be used three times per week or more if needed and I'm using it pretty much every other night.

The formula is a little bit sticky when it's drying into the skin but that doesn't bother me at all. After a week or two of usage, I did notice a couple of spots come to the surface of my skin. I don't know if this was the peel working its magic or the change in the weather, but now that they have cleared, my skin looks and feels amazing. In the morning it looks revitalised and my skin is noticeably smoother and soft to the touch. I'm a huge fan.

The price tag is a bit hefty, around £40 for a 50ml bottle but you really do only need the tiniest of amounts so there isn't the need to constantly re-purchase. I've been using mine for around six weeks and I've barely even scratched the surface. 

Have you tried the Over Night Biological Peel from Kiehl's or do you have another night-time skin care product that you swear by? I'd love to hear your thoughts. 
Share:

4 comments

  1. I've never tried anything from Kiehls before but a few things are constantly popping up in my newsfeed lately so I definitely want to have a look in store soon. This sounds like a good one, I love the idea of popping on something before bed and letting it do its magic overnight x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiehls is one of the few brands I can actually get my hands on in Finland so I need to scour out some more reviews soon and pick up some more products. I'm really impressed with them so far xxx

      Delete
  2. I love chemical exfoliators so will definitely add this peel to the list of products I want to try soon. I have only tried samples from Kiehls so far and have loved every single one of them. Time to invest on one of their full sized products. x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find something you want to invest in! The sales staff seemed really helpful and knowledgeable when I visited so hopefully they will be able to point you in the right direction xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig