Tuesday 23 December 2014

15 Festive Favourites Tag


I was recently tagged by the lovely Alina over at Beauty With Charm to participate in the 15 Festive Favourites Tag. If you're unfamiliar with Alina's blog, I seriously urge you to go and check it out, you won't be disappointed. You can also read her festive favourites post here
So let's get cracking shall we? 

Favourite festive food... Oh my goodness, mince pies, chocolate, trifle, turkey with all the trimmings... I want it all! There's no way I could pick a favourite. I love to cram the cupboards and fridge full to the brim at Christmas. 

Favourite reindeer... It has to be Rudolph. I don't even think I know the names of all the other reindeer. Dasher, Blitzen, Cupid... Errrmmm. 

Favourite day of Christmas... It has to be the big 2. 5. for me. Christmas day is what it's all about; although I do love Christmas Eve. The excitement being a child and lying awake trying to hear Santa's sleigh. Even now, I struggle to sleep on Christmas Eve; however the traditional 'night before' drinks with my family help somewhat. 

Favourite Christmas song... I mentioned in a previous post that I was seriously obsessed with Feliz Navidad this year and it's pretty much at the top of my Christmas playlist; however Fairytale of New York is my all-time fave. 

Favourite present... The ones that I give to my loved ones, cheesy I know it, but I really do love giving gifts and seeing the smile it puts on people's faces. 

Favourite festive film... I'm a huge kid and I love the likes of Arthur Christmas, Elf and Grinch as well as The Holiday and Nativity too. There's no chance I could pick just one!

Favourite cracker toy... The jokes, absolutely! I know, I know, it's not technically a toy but it's by far the best thing about Christmas crackers. 

Favourite cracker joke... I wrote a whole post on my favourite Christmas cracker jokes. You can read it here

Favourite Christmas decorations... Hmmm, this is a tricky one. Probably fairy lights but closely followed by the tree. I love twinkly lights, it makes everything feel infinitely more festive. I'd absolutely keep them up all year but I think Scott would move out!

Favourite Christmas candle scent... Okay, this will probably get a few gasps but I really don't love the usual 'Christmas' scents. I hate the smell of cinnamon with a passion so I'd probably go for the quirkier Christmas scents such as gingerbread or butter cookies. Mmm... cookies.

Favourite Christmas advert... I think John Lewis nail their Christmas adverts every year and no doubt I'm always in floods of tears watching them. Monty the Penguin stole my heart this year; although I do remember a particular Irn Bru advert a few years ago that I thought was hilarious. It has the Snowman in it, have a peek on Youtube, it won't disappoint. 

Favourite festive tradition... Getting merry with my family on Christmas Eve. Baileys here I come. 

Favourite place to spend Christmas... With my family, wherever that might be. I'm so excited that it will be Scott and I's first Christmas where we actually get to see each other on Christmas day as our families will be together with us in Finland this year.

Favourite Christmas fact... All I've got is don't eat yellow snow which isn't even a fact, more a piece of advice. Sorry guys. 

Favourite snowman accessory... Carrot nose all the way. 

I won't bother tagging anyone in particular; however I urge anyone who hasn't done the Festive Favourites tag, to get cracking. Christmas Day blog post - sorted! 
Share:

2 comments

  1. Christmas Eve drinks defintiely help getting to sleep :D this year I say I will be out like a light as I doubt I'll sleep tonight since I have to be up at 4am to fly home and oh the excitement! It's so nice that you will have both families with you in Finland to celebrate! Hope you have a wonderful day! Thnak you for the kind mention by the way! Happy Christmas lovely xx

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ouch, 4am get-ups are never easy! Thank you for tagging me to do this post and I hope you've had a perfect Christmas! xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig