Tuesday 2 December 2014

Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Eye


If you managed to catch my review of Estée Lauder's Pure Color Envy lipstick the other week, (here's the link if you're interested) you may have noticed me mention at the end of the post that I was given a sample pot of the Advanced Night Repair Eye by the lovely lady at the Duty Free beauty counter. Maybe it was the fact that I'd been traveling for several hours and the poor girl thought I could use a little help, either way, I'm not complaining. 

This rich gel creme is a comprehensive anti-ageing product which helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, puffiness, dark circles, dryness and uneven skin tone. Phew, that's one busy eye cream! 

First things first, I love the texture of this product. It's definitely more of a gel than a cream and feels silky smooth to the touch. It applies like a dream and feels extremely rich and luxurious. Despite having a gel-like consistency, the Advanced Night Repair Eye isn't sticky and doesn't leave any nasty residue on the skin. It has a very subtle scent which I almost want to say smells minty in the pot; however this doesn't translate on the skin. 

I have been using the Night Repair Eye for almost two weeks and if truth be told, I haven't noticed much of a difference. That being said, I'm pretty lucky in that I have very few, if any fine lines around my eyes, perhaps only the occasional dark circles so I guess I'm not the ideal guinea pig. I think those with more mature skin may see better results. One thing I will say about this product though is that it does add a bit of luxury to my night-time skin routine and I actually do really enjoy using it. Plus I'm going with the fact that the best way to tackle wrinkles is prevention rather than cure... I'm guessing it can't hurt to start a little early. 

Share:

4 comments

  1. I love the ANR serum and been tempted to try the eye cream for ages, but I haven't yet because whenever I step away from my Bobbi Brown eye cream, I see the negative results. Have not found one as good yet. But I might still give this one a try at some point. Hopefully I'll see better results than you did. :)

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I hope it works for you if you try it! I was given a sample pot when I made a purchase so you may be able to bag yourself one if you pop to your local beauty counter. xxx

      Delete
  2. I had 2 deluxe samples of this eye cream.. and sadly for my purse, I am in love! I did seem to notice a difference unlike you, but it might just been a fluke - you never know! My eyes seemed to be less puffy and lines seemed 'less visible'. The price keeps me from purchasing a full sized one really. :(

    Silke Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The full size is pretty eye-watering but if you're seeing good results, maybe it's worth popping it on your list to Father Christmas! ;) Or at least trying to get your hands on more samples haha! xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig