Friday 19 December 2014

Hard Day?







I'm back with more eye shadow greatness from Makeup Revolution. This time it's one of the new Salvation Palettes - Hard Day. First up let's take a moment to appreciate the bronzey/orange packaging. It's a beauty and I can't help but feel a slight twinge of sadness that the palette itself isn't the same colour. Putting that to one side, it's business as usual from Makeup Revolution. Excellent choice of shades that are beautifully pigmented and silky smooth. 

The Hard Day palette consists of 12 shimmer shadows and 6 matte shades. My maths skills and I make that 18 shades for a bargain £6. Yep, really. 

I don't really understand the concept of Hard Day. The website says it's a palette to take you forward into battle, turning your day into a beautiful one... or something like that. Who knows, and if I'm perfectly honest, I don't really care too much that I don't get it. What I do get is that it's yet another fantastically-priced, usable selection of shadows that I love getting stuck into. So let's have a look at what we've got: (Excuse the bazillion freckles that seem to have reared their heads after my jolly hols)

Top row - Shimmers
Middle row - Shimmers
Bottom row - Mattes
The shimmery purple shades are unlike anything else I have in my collection of shadows and there really is something special about that third from the left, matte shade. 

What are your thoughts on the new, Hard Day palette from Makeup Revolution? Do you like a palette that contains a mixture of shimmer and matte shades? 
Share:

4 comments

  1. Lovely shades! I love Makeup Revolution palettes, the quality is great and they're so affordable! I bought recently the latest Girl Panic palette and, as usual, I'm impressed :) Will review it soon on my blog :) x
    Mummy’s Beauty Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, I shall try and keep an eye out for that one! The Girl Panic palette was released just after I placed my order otherwise I would have picked that one up too! It looks gorgeous xxx

      Delete
  2. I completely overlooked this palette but I have no idea why because these shades are gorgeous and definitely ones that I love wearing! Great review x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth every penny... Thanks for commenting lovely xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig