Tuesday 9 December 2014

One for the foodies...


When it comes to comfort and food, it's safe to say that I'm an advocate for both. Nothing gets my heart racing more than a pair of pajamas and a slice of homemade pizza. Even more so when someone has brought these things to me. 

I guess you could say I hit the jackpot with my other half. Not only is he all those smushy things that I will refrain from boring you with, he's also a darn good cook. I picked wisely girls. Before we'd even admitted our feelings towards each other, Scott had expressed he was a bit of a fan of Jamie Oliver... and  by 'a bit of a fan' I mean, he owned a couple of his cookbooks, had some of his recipes committed to memory and could relay, word for word, Jamie cooks Christmas. So when I spotted this book on offer in Waterstones, I knew I wouldn't be leaving without it for him. 

Unsurprisingly, Scott was over the moon and spent the entire evening burrowed between the pages and admittedly, I was looking forward to trying out some of the delicious recipes myself! Having used Jamie's books before (30 Minute Meals & 15 Minute Meals) I was glad to see that this recipe book was just as impressive. In Jamie's typical style, the recipes are fun and blindingly easy to follow. It's so straight-forward and user-friendly that it practically does the job for you and every single recipe is exactly what it says on the tin - pure, simple comfort food. I don't doubt for a second that each one of these meals will be packed full of flavour and neither Scott nor I can wait to try out as many of them as possible. 

Being an incredibly visual person, I love the fact that the pages of this book are bursting with images, but not just any old images. Forget your picture perfect, how-is-that-even-possible get up, there's a real relaxed feel about them, and for even the culinary challenged, the photographed outcome seems entirely achievable. 

If you want to find out more about this fantastic, little recipe book, you can visit the Jamie Oliver website. Did I also mention that this book contains cocktail recipes? Say no more. 
Share:

4 comments

  1. I love Jamie Oliver recipe books! They look gorgeous and the recipes are so easy to follow :)

    X Emma | www.missemmacharlotte.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same... I never really used any recipe books until I met my boyfriend but there's quite a few Jamie Oliver recipes that we now use regularly, all from his books. They're so tasty! xxx

      Delete
  2. I love his 30 minutes meals (even if I never manage to cook mine in 30 minutes) so I must pick this new book up soon! Sounds like a great one since comfort food is my favourite kind of food haha x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha... 30 minutes meals, tell me about it! It always takes me double the time but it's ohh, so worth it! xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig