Friday 5 December 2014

Return of the Spam!


It's been a while since I've had a rant around these parts so I'd thought I'd rectify that today with a little post on one of my favourite topics... Those pesky ol' spammers!

You may have caught this post on my pet spammers a little while back, but it would seem, (and I hope I'm not jinxing myself here) that I've gotten off pretty lightly lately, it's a shame the same can't be said for some of the 'bigger' bloggers out there. I'm almost convinced the spammer herds wait until that follower count clocks over to a sizeable amount before pouncing in the most cringetastically awkward manner. 

Follow for follow anyone?

I'm all for a bit of self-promotion kids, but there's a line and talk about stepping over it... I'd say leaping over it in your size ten boots is probably more accurate when you're plastering your Youtube link all over every Instagram picture with more than 100 likes. Call me old fashioned, but a bit of respect wouldn't go a miss these days, and if truth be told, you're getting noticed for all the wrong reasons. If you really need those extra clicks, I suggest posting your link attached to a cute, fluffy bunny picture, cause you know, everyone loves those. 

I actually feel for some of the blogging big fish out there, and whilst yes I'm not going to lie, I'd probably give my right foot to hang out at some of these uber cool parties, sipping fancy cocktails and taking pictures of the fabulous freebies I'd probably need to sell my grandma to get my hands on, I don't envy the crap that goes along with it. I mean, I can totally see how you being a new fashion blogger relates to an image of roast beef and yorkie puds, at least soften the blow by telling me how huge a fan you are first, jeesh! 
Share:

6 comments

  1. Agree agree agree. The Kardashian's photos comments are also just completely spammed with: lb lb lb lb lb. Which apparently means like back...which would really get on my nerves..

    X Emma | www.missemmacharlotte.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When will these people learn that if you comment something like that, you're never going to get noticed in a positive way!? Madness... xxx

      Delete
  2. That spamming post was one of my favorite ever - it's like O.K. - leave your link. Maybe once in a while refer to something you did or reviewed IF relevant to the situation but the constant "please follow me" without provocation (meaning not a situation like a twitter chat where people commonly switch or someone asks for it) is so irritating. :-)


    Beauty Isles | Blogiversary International Giveaway: Too Faced, LORAC and NYX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharing/swapping links in a Twitter chat etc are totally fine and it's a great way to discover new blogs but when people just message out of the blue like, read my blog, I'm always like.. errrrmmmm.. The comments on some people's social media pages are just ridiculous. It must be so frustrating xxx

      Delete
  3. Love this post! Some of the comments I see are ridiculous!

    Style Sunrise ☀ // Giveaway!

    :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen... I don't know how some people have the nerve ha! xxx

      Delete

© Life in Excess | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig